Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 09:18 29 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : 12V vs 24V

brett

Posted: 01:26am 09 Mar 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have little experence in the electrical side of this DC game. I am currently working with a 24V system. I have 4 12V solar panels charging a 24V battery bank. We run 24V circuts and 240V(from a small inverter) circuts through the cabin.

I have just Built a F&P wind generator acording the Glens plans. I hope to add this to the current system. At the same time however we plan to move the pannels, battery bank, back up gen-set and control gear to a dedicated power shed. We will buy a new inverter and only run 240Vac into the cabin.

Given that the new set-up with have very small DC cable runs <5m is there an advantage to keeping 24V.

If a 24V battery bank is made of 2 300amp-hr 12V banks in seriers, if I go 12v in parrell do I get 600amp hours. Simular question for the solar panels.   

Thanks Brett

peter

Posted: 03:58am 09 Mar 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

yes

the amount of stored energy is still the same

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024