Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 02:58 27 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : substitute HY4008 with IRFP4468PbF?

Murphy's friend

Guru

Posted: 03:43am 07 Jan 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

JCLC seem to be out of stock of HY4008's and have been for some time. They had no HY5110's in stock either.

Looking at the specs for IRFP4468's they look similar but for longer switching times. Would that be important for a inverter like the one wiseguy described here?

renewableMark

Guru

Posted: 04:28am 07 Jan 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

These guys stock the genuine parts

Here
Cheers Caveman Mark
Off grid eastern Melb

Murphy's friend

Guru

Posted: 10:10am 07 Jan 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Mark, I used to buy from them but it takes a looong time for the goods to arrive.
Perhaps I should lay in a stock of these things , would have been wise to have done before I started testing that warpverter.
You are in for some 'serious' fun, I'm looking forward to hear how many mosfets your warpverter gobbled up before you got it running reliably.

oreo

Posted: 01:52am 08 Jan 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

A couple of thoughts.

My only experience with Huayi Fets is that I blew one on a dc-dc boost board, which I tried to run at more than 50% rated load.  I replaced the fet with a ST part, which had much greater rated capacitance, similar RDSon/current, and slower switching speeds.  The ST part ran much cooler, and did not blow up, when pushed even harder.  So IMO, I don't think the data sheet on a Huayi part can be matched up against a non China MFG.  So I would expect that the IR part would work, but it's really expensive.

I see the LCSC has the TO-220 HY4008 in stock. I suppose you can't use that?

The link that Mark provided.  They offer about 7 different shipping options to Australia, which at most costs less than 1/2 of the cost of 100fets.  Why don't you contact them to ensure the part is in stock, and then use one of the expedited methods of shipping?
Greg

Revlac

Guru

Posted: 05:19am 08 Jan 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I agree shipping is terribly slow at times, sometimes exceeding the time estimate by 60 days or so.
You could get express shipping, and it could still get held in Sydney (Australia) for a month or 2, I have had many issues with this since mid last year.
Cheers Aaron
Off The Grid

poida

Guru

Posted: 06:38am 08 Jan 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Murphy's friend said  
Perhaps I should lay in a stock of these things , would have been wise to have done before I started testing that warpverter.

Yes!
This is what I do. In recent times I ran out of HY4008 when dealing with
inverter blowups but Mark gave me a good few to keep going while I waited
for some orders to arrive from China.

At a $1 each, it's wise to keep 20 or so on hand, maybe more.
My inverter builds only use 12 MOSFETs so for those who build bigger
systems they will want about 50 on hand.
wronger than a phone book full of wrong phone numbers

oreo

Posted: 05:09pm 08 Jan 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Revlac said  
You could get express shipping, and it could still get held in Sydney (Australia) for a month or 2, I have had many issues with this since mid last year.

Ouch, I guess we have it pretty good then.

Speedpak shipments are now routed differently for Canada.  They consolidate and ship by air to a hub in Canada, and then use regular mail from there. It took 21 days door-door for my last shipment (ordered Dec 8, delivered Dec 29th) and most of the delay was in Canada.  Latest PCB order took 5 days, but that was by Fedex which was $$.
Greg

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024