Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 00:06 20 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : Guidance on Nanoverter

InPhase

Posted: 12:51pm 19 Jan 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

My new best pal Ben of BenandAmber fame has sent me a care package of nice parts. Included is a Nanoverter board, revision D. I need a little guidance to move forward with this. Not all of the components are populated. As I understand it, they may not all be necessary. I would like to verify what is and is not necessary to control an inverter with no mains sync. If there is a "Getting Started with Nanoverter" guide, I haven't been able to find it. All help is appreciated.

Anthony

BenandAmber
Guru

Posted: 07:53pm 19 Jan 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

the little touch of kindness you have seen from me is nothing compared to what i have received from the many good people on here "70 pound core came in today from one of those people"

some really awesome people you wish was your neighbor on here of course this filling may not be mutual lol  

i think poida was a step ahead of you "get used to it" these guys have seen it all
he posted yesterday a guild that will help you

dont think these guys will not know what you need before you do lol

they will do things a little weird to you at first untill you find out they are teaching you to fish instead of giving you a fish

you will learn many thing you thought you already knew lol

people come on here and get nothing because they already know it all

everyone that is hummble respectful and willing to learn are always helped every step of the way and if they get stuck

learning how to find stuff on this form will help you tremendously

dont talk to much about chokes pick the material that works for you lol
Edited 2021-01-20 05:56 by BenandAmber
be warned i am good parrot but Dumber than a box of rocks

InPhase

Posted: 08:13pm 19 Jan 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Great to hear from you Ben! I have been knee deep in the old posts for quite a while now. I am amazed at the depth of it all. Personally, I'm not looking for anyone to tell me the answers, but if anyone knows the names of threads where the info has been hashed before, I'd be grateful.

InPhase

Posted: 02:59am 20 Jan 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Just finished putting a small fet test board together. Those mosfets are rated at 95 amps, but I don't know how big of a heatsink I can get on there. We'll see. I only had 7 cm x 9 cm perf board, so I didn't have room for the opto isolators I want to use. I'll put those on another board that plugs into this one. The totem pole driver is made from 2n2222/2n2907 complementary BJTs. More to come!

InPhase

Posted: 03:02am 20 Jan 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I had so little room on the small board that I had to put the primary output on the under side... Don't judge me!

BenandAmber
Guru

Posted: 01:05am 21 Jan 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

wow i am inpressed i no you dont want the answers just saying a big learning curve to find things  

i still cant with out reading for a very long time

there was alot more people talking on here daily back then i think

where is mark at to save the day every time i was overwhelmed not finding somthing and other stuff he saved the day

it was group effort to make me understand and get me across the finsh line

i was going threw tough stuff back then and many helped me publicly and privately

i cant believe no one is setting me straight surly they dont trust me to answer questions

i am definitely not qualified could be lots of busy people making the future
be warned i am good parrot but Dumber than a box of rocks

tinyt
Guru

Posted: 12:33am 24 Jan 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

InPhase said  Great to hear from you Ben! I have been knee deep in the old posts for quite a while now. I am amazed at the depth of it all. Personally, I'm not looking for anyone to tell me the answers, but if anyone knows the names of threads where the info has been hashed before, I'd be grateful.

Had a little time to get on to this forum. I don't know if this is still needed. Crossed out components are not needed for dual nano basic operation. It was a long time ago, so this is what I remember, I hope others will check for errors. See attached pdf
NANOVERTER_D_Base.pdf

poida

Guru

Posted: 02:06am 24 Jan 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Tinyt: the pdf is correct. put the jumper on sync disable to ensure it stays LOW.

And if you will not be using SCR OC shutdown, which I don't, no need for the below.

wronger than a phone book full of wrong phone numbers

InPhase

Posted: 03:52am 24 Jan 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hey thanks tinyt and Peter! I've just today gotten a Nanoverter into a condition to output power. It is an utter mess, but it works. I only have a 20 volt power supply on the bench, but it performs nicely with the limits of that source. The 60 Hz sine wave is rock solid except when I push the VFB all the way up. I have to back off of max a couple of turns on the pot else a strange ripple choices through the sine wave. But that's OK, because I was just testing the limits.

I'll get some better pics when it isn't live and I take it apart.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024