Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 10:04 28 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : Trace DR2424 Info ?

herbnz

Posted: 07:54pm 04 Oct 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi All
I have a Trace DR2424 that has started to detect load even when switched off makes the fan run when switched on the smallest loads makes it trip on overload. Anyone know where one can get ccts for these units ?
I do have another unit and have done some comparision but would like to see what inputs are relevant on the procceser they contain. Also reluctant to swop parts etc as I need at least one to operate the home.
Side note did buy a 2000W El Cheapo ($420)to give a temp supply but it spat the dummy before I even got the Ac connected.
Herb

oztules

Guru

Posted: 10:05am 06 Oct 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Herb,
I notice there have been no circuits fronting up on either fieldlines or here.... so it looks like you will be going island on this one...... bushranging.

I know nothing at all about your inverter, but the fact that it can start at all and trip on any load , indicates fets ok, lv/hv converter is measurable to find pulses etc.

The final h bridge apparently works, so I suspect that an open thermister/ temp sensor (some use certain voltage regulators as temp sensors apparently) would be the first stop, as (depending on who wrote the software) it is probably trying to recover from an over temp fault in standby which is obviously not real, but may present as an overload??

After that, it is time to check and ,map out the current sensing circuit ( and hope they don't sync the fets to measure the output resistance voltage drop), but use either a hall, or current transformer or resistor of some sort.

If you check the waveforms (if it lasts long enough to get a glimpse), you may get a hint of what is causing it... ie is it scrambled before load and changes as load comes on (and pops the overload fault)....Then the over/under voltage sensing circuits and the opto isolators (if it has any)

Does it generate the HV line... and what is it's voltage. How does it sense 240v current etc etc.

After that you will have to revert to animal cunning.

Thats how I would attack it anyway.

Best of luck with it...... one of the joys of living remote

I have had a few successes recently with some smaller units (mod sine unfortunately) I found at the tip, and both these are going now (high side drivers in both of these which took out some fets as well....so about $2 each), and I am about to convert one up to 48v out of curiosity. 24v looks easy as I can series the two transformers, but have to rewind for 48v

..............oztulesEdited by oztules 2008-10-07
Village idiot...or... just another hack out of his depth

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024