Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 00:10 28 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : power meters

GWatPE

Posted: 12:43am 26 Oct 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Many readers will be familiar with the portable plug-in power meters that are available.

I have a sparOmeter that I have had for many years. I have a pic-based kit unit from Dick-Smith[no longer stocked], and several from Jaycar.

The sparometer and the pic kit are single direction measurement only, and are suitable for measuring consumption by a normal AC load.

The Jaycar plug in units are bi-directional. These can also be used in line to measure power back to the grid from a grid connect unit. No rewiring needed. They display down to 1W, with 1W resolution up to 2500W. They are lithium battery powered and retain data when disconnected.

I would consider this type of meter a must for RE grid connected systems. The rapid update rate of the display gives more power info than metering on the inverters.

Gordon.

become more energy aware

oztules

Guru

Posted: 07:25pm 26 Oct 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Rats.... just one more thing on my must have list......

.........oztules
Village idiot...or... just another hack out of his depth

GWatPE

Posted: 09:47pm 26 Oct 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi oztules,

I can probably send you one with some leading edge tape.

Gordon.

become more energy aware

Bolty

Posted: 01:19pm 07 Nov 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Gordon make sure that you keep the leading edge tape flat when you send it!You know what happened to my turbine when I did not fit the tape properly!
Bolty

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024