Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 23:54 27 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : making use of sleeping inverter

felix

Posted: 12:04pm 24 Nov 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi all, I have had a thought for a while but not sure how feasible it may be. I have a grid connect solar system and am trying to get my F&P wind turbine up and running. I would ideally like to feed any power generated back to the grid using the existing grid interactive inverter. My thought is to feed the wind power into a battery bank during the day when the inverter is busy with the solar system. And at night feed the charged battery bank into the grid. My question is how to up the 24 or 48 volt DC of the battery bank to the voltage required by the inverter e.g. 96V. Any thoughts? My electronics knowledge is limited so bear with me please.

AMUN-RA

Posted: 08:28pm 24 Nov 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

why feed to the grid just use the battery bank for yorself thats one less person on grid so you achieve the same result.check with your power co first as I know with ergon in q,land you can't do this. Mick
Every day the sun shines
& gravity sucks= free energy.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024