Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 04:35 28 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : "Dual Piclog " Thanks - Gordon & Glenn

fillm

Guru

Posted: 12:45pm 01 Dec 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Can now log two mills at the same time on my laptop ,

These two piclog boards are thanks to Gordon as he slightly changed a few bits and pieces from Glenn's origional design and incorperated two leds on the RPM and Wind Speed inputs , also these are using Allegro hall sensors for current mesurement.
I still had to wire it, fit the optos and picaxe chip and do a couple of mods for my annemometer ,and managed to fry one pic chip and a couple of other components but it has been a great learning curve ..

Glenn the USB to DB9 converter you put me onto works very well ,$40 sure beats the $250 I thought I would have to spend to get two serial DB9 inputs , had a few head scratching times trying to get two applications running at the same time , a slight change to the file name made it all work .

This was the night before the big bang , the piclog showing -3704 amps does not have an allegro conected so its at - full scale , hopefully with Gordons great work with caps this is what we might see one day but +67 amps, so now all I need is 1 windmill then 2 ...Cheers and thanks to both of you for your help !!!
PhillM ...Oz Wind Engineering..Wind Turbine Kits 500W - 5000W ~ F&P Dual Kits ~ GOE222Blades- Voltage Control Parts ------- Tower kits

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024