Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 11:00 28 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : F&P RPM detection circuitry

readyakira

Posted: 01:16pm 04 Dec 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Has anyone taken the circuitry that is located on the F&P stator and used that to detect RPM's? How involved would that be? I still have both of the ones that were with my motors and would like to incorporate them into my system I am building. Expecially since it would make my testing go so much easier. Currently I am running the genny from an air compressor motor, but I only know the RPM's of the motor. I am not sure what the rpm's of the genny are with the pulleys I am using. I know though it is much faster then in a service condition. I had the genny putting out 586vac under no load, and through a transformer I had laying around, it was down to 68v or 34vac (centertapped UPS transformer).
BTW I have an old laptop at my disposal for this project, that maybe I could cable into that circuitry, but I an definatly not an electronics engineer.Edited by readyakira 2008-12-05
Don't you think Free/Renewable energy should be mandatory in new buildings?

GWatPE

Posted: 01:47pm 04 Dec 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The hall effects are apparently latching types. Optocouplers work a treat and are cheaper and simpler to impliment.

Gordon.

become more energy aware

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024