Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 08:49 28 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : Assembling Piclog Question (Pin 6)

valterra

Posted: 02:28pm 23 Dec 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I am assembling a piclog as per the diagram version 1.2 from this website, on a breadboard.

Pin #6 (Second from bottom on the right) of the PicAxe chip shows going through a 1k resistor to an endpoint on the battery's negative terminal. (There is also a zD and Cap in parallel)

However, along the way, there is a big red dot labeled "Batt -ve" that is part of the same bus as many parts that are (+) and is also shown to be directly connected to the (+) of the battery!

I can't see for the life of me how this isn't a short-circuit. Your guys have made these successfully, so it is obviously my mistake here.

Please advise!

Also, stupid question - the diagrams that show "ground" all go to the same home row as the battery's (-) terminal right? Stupid question I know, but I'm still learning.

I'll attach a diagram if I can, in a followup post.

valterra

Posted: 02:59pm 23 Dec 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 11:20pm 23 Dec 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Valterra

The red dots are terminals from the piclog to the outside world, the line joining all the red dots is just the box the piclox was installed into, its not an electrical connection.

As a rule, its only a electrical connection if the dot is black.

Hope that made sense.

Glenn

The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

valterra

Posted: 09:27pm 24 Dec 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Glenn,

YES it makes 100% sense. Thanks!

Again, I figured it was something on my part, snce there are so many successful builders.

Shouldn't have printed it out in black and white. lol.

Thanks again!

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024