Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 11:40 24 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : Component Suppliers

Revlac

Guru

Posted: 11:57pm 07 Jun 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Has Anyone here used https://www.utsource.net/  
Seems to list new and used parts.
Cheers Aaron
Off The Grid

rogerdw
Guru

Posted: 10:23am 08 Jun 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Revlac said  Has Anyone here used https://www.utsource.net/  
Seems to list new and used parts.

I use them a fair bit Aaron and have been happy with them generally.

I did get caught once though until I worked out how their system works.

If you search a part, you'll notice they have new parts, used parts  ...  or list other suppliers who have the part.

The only time I had some duds was when they were supplied by someone else in their list.

Since then, I pay attention and try to buy new from them  ...  or if not available new, I'll choose 'used' from them. If they can't supply it themselves, I haven't taken a chance on their third parties since then.

I fix a lot of older electronics and it's only when I can't get replacement bits from element14, RS, Mouser or DigiKey that I resort to them (or the price is too ridiculous)  ...  but very useful to have access to.

Delivery can cost a bit to make it prompt, but has been quick and reliable  ...  so worth it for me.
Cheers,  Roger

Revlac

Guru

Posted: 12:21pm 08 Jun 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Roger, that's good to know, I'm learning that its a necessity at the moment to find parts from other (trustworthy) outlets, seen as the normal places have little stock or nothing at all.....and the shocking price some ask.
Some times its only one part that holds up finishing a project.
Cheers Aaron
Off The Grid

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024