Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 19:56 28 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : Inverter Brushed Motor Waveform

InPhase

Posted: 10:31pm 07 Jul 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

So I have been testing the new inverter and have finally pushed it beyond the 2 kW mark! But I noticed that a brushed leaf blower motor causes the waveform distort strangely. The running power of the motor is only about 500 watts. No other load has caused such a distortion. Since I don't have much experience with this, I thought I might ask you fine gentlemen. Is this normal for a noisy brushed motor?

The pic is attached. Sorry for the blur. Thanks for your time.

Revlac

Guru

Posted: 10:48pm 07 Jul 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Yes, have seen that, some leaf blowers have a speed control and it will distort the sine wave a little, other brush motors would have a filter capacitor for RF noise.
I have tried the same motor with speed control and it distorts the sinewave far less on the high frequency inverter than on the low frequency inverter, perhaps there is more filtering?
Anyway that sort of distortion hasn't been a big problem yet.
Some brushed motors are better than others for some reason, and can be fine at full speed.
Be interesting to see if something more can be done.
Cheers Aaron
Off The Grid

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024