Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 03:05 28 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : UV Exposure box for PCBs

9c12m

Posted: 11:23am 31 Jan 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Attached is a picy of a UV Led scanner for PCB exposure. The stepper motor mechanism has been retained and a UV Led array fitted. The controller is a PicAxe 18X but smaller versions also will do a similar job. 6 up and down scans provides an appropriate exposure time for the Riston PCB's. However the number of scans can be adjusted to provide other scan rates via the PicAxe programming Editor using the USB programming cable connected to the controller in the scanner. There is also a Half Length scan switch so that smaller PCB's can be accommodated without the extra time of a full A4 scan length. The Start Position returns the UV Led array to its home or starting position if required. The Stop button is the PicAxe 18X reset line. The main reason for using an old scanner was that the UV box I normally use is a lot bigger and cumbersome to move around. The design and particularly the software has been a collaborative effort with special thanks to CW. An AXE090 PicAxe board was used for the development work.
Cheers

GWatPE

Posted: 12:31pm 31 Jan 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi 9c12m,

interesting project.

I did not think the UV LED's would work, but they apparently do. I still use the mercury discharge tubes from a UV instrument sterilizer, or the sun. The intensity of the LED's must be high, as I use 40s exposure with the sun and 3.5 minutes with the mercury tubes.

Gordon.
become more energy aware

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024