Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 05:13 29 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : kmart 6-0w inverter

zeitfest
Guru

Posted: 02:39am 03 Oct 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Anyone used the little kmart 600 W ankyo inverters ?
Inexpensive, 12 - 24 v,  I wonder how durable ?

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 06:43am 03 Oct 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Didn't even know they had them. Does amaze me what they sell for the price. Was in there yesterday looking at stuff and even to build it and put it in a box seems cheap regardless of quality.

o experience with these but they are clearly just another rebranded Generic Chyneese  MSW type.
the very look and design gives it away. I have played with these and they are generally OK but not great.

My first suspicion would be the ability of the thing to handle rated power.  Some I have had just won't, others are clearly working very hard to do it and I suspect would not put in a lot of hours.

May be OK for occasional use and light/ half loads.

The beauty of them though is unlike fleabay, you can always take them back to the bricks and mortar store and get a refund or replacement as real warranty.

Buy one, take it home, load it up and run it and if falls over, take it back and get a refund. If it is OK, then should be a reasonable inverter for a decent price.

Pitty they don't do something bigger and Pure sine wave for a proportional Price.

zeitfest
Guru

Posted: 11:36am 03 Oct 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

on opening ..
Included are two cables - one with battery clamps, the other with car cigarette lighter plug with 120w warning sticker (for 10 amp car fuse). No instructions or manual, I guess an on/off switch is simple enough though.
Box says  options for 12 and 24 v,  also 100/120/220/240 v out . Box says this one is 12 and 240 v. Output plug has multiple formats. No obvious mode switches, maybe attempts autosensing ?
I will open it up and have a squiz, (that was always going to happen   ) maybe there are config wiring options.
Should be ok for running low power LED lighting in any case.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024