Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 23:00 19 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : Nanoverter and Backfeeding with a GTI

Page 7 of 7    
Madness

Guru

Posted: 11:30am 18 Jun 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

If anyone is actually interested the 2 chokes shown here

work backwards/forwards with any version of the nano1 code. Just had to increase the gaps to 4MM, so each choke is 2 large Aerosharp inductors with 6 turns on each. One of these chokes work also but get very hot, with 2 (each connected between the heatsink and toriod primary) they run much cooler.
There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

johnmc

Posted: 12:31pm 18 Jun 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Good Day Madness

Yes, I am interested and thanks for the post, are now you now able to backfeed the full output from the GTI ?

Are the chokes connected in series or parallel any Idea of the total inductance?

Cheers john
johnmc

Madness

Guru

Posted: 08:57am 23 Jun 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi John,

I have one choke connected between the toroid primary and the heatsink, then the other choke on the other end of the primary and heatsink. So in series, also choose spacers that are able to stand some heat, I used perspex originally and it melted. Adding fans on the chokes helps. Now I have 3 layers of blank PCB which gives a 4.5MM gap.

I am unable to give an accurate inductance measurement but if it is any help I get the same value as the original Oztules Ferrite choke. With no filter there is less than 1v ripple in the 230VAC sinewave.

Also, I have found phase correct modulation gives even better results but I am still fine tuning the code.
There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Page 7 of 7    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024