Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 07:48 08 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : Circuit for newer type Inverter

Page 2 of 2    
Arthur

Posted: 07:07am 13 Mar 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi, thanks for your sugestion, I have seen information on these things but it's very basic and not for me I'm sorry to say. The thing that scares me about the new once is the price and as I;m a constructor at heart I thought that I wwould test the water to see what came. thanks agein Arthur

woodchips said   Hello

Just a suggestion, look in manufacturer's data books from Linear Technology and similar, lots of ideas. But this really isn't easy stuff to design.

Since you are in the UK then have a look at www.cpc.co.uk, sell a whole range of DC/AC inverters. I have used code PW01702 for running the fridge and lighting for years, brilliant. Also try Switched Mode Ltd on 0118 930 2113, I have a 1500W inverter, again excellent, but they were also very helpful when I contacted them.

Bob

Arthur

Posted: 07:08am 13 Mar 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

oztules said   Arthur,
I don't know how the rubbish system works over there, but the rubbish tip is an excellent place to find broken inverters and UPS devices. I am on a small island, and low and behold, I found a busted up 2kva pure sine wave 96dc-240vac ups. I shall be returning to the dump today, and try to find the rack/box/metalwork for it... as I think it should be working by tonight. (it only had the circuit board... someone had butchered it and left it to die.

Your island is lots bigger than mine... there should be plenty of good pickings, or Ebay for damaged or non-working ones. Much easier to fix than build from scratch. Just getting the inductors/transformers is worthwhile and will save a lot of time and fiddly work..

Bob, your typing looks good. Hope your hand has made a full recovery.

.............oztules

Arthur

Posted: 07:13am 13 Mar 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi oztules, yes I remember well when chaps used to make a living taking cars to bits and selling them - unfortunatly that was some years ago when the councils decided to close all dumps; lots of people called there to have a look around it was a fasinating pastime. As I said no more.
I also live on a small island Anglesey off the north coast of Wales. Cant jump high enough anymore to catch the inverter going over the 6 foot fence :) Arthur
good luck with the rest of the components

oztules

Guru

Posted: 07:35am 13 Mar 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hmmmm...
Your island is only 250 meters off the coast.... with a whopping bridge and 2000000 tourists per year and a population of some 67000.... mine is twice your area (1500sqkm).... but only 700 odd people, 2 pubs and a post office and three or 4 shops.... not quite the same thing I guess.... otherwise a box of beer to the dump attendant would have done wonders (works here)... a shame really......

How far are you from Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.. . (couldn't help myself putting that in )

..........oztules
Village idiot...or... just another hack out of his depth

Arthur

Posted: 07:46am 13 Mar 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

||Hi John, found your name at last, I havent been on here long. Well I'm about 10 miles if you use the old system of measurning there? If you have google world a wonderful
download you can see my home let me know will tell u more. Arthur 101 (at) gmx.co.uk

Page 2 of 2    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024