Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 02:56 02 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : charge controller 4my windmill

indexterslabor

Posted: 06:16pm 23 Jun 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

hi, i´m still planning on my f&p like windmill. it´s going to be a 24V system. i want to use two 12V car batteries in series,to store the power. but bevore i get started i want to make sure that i have everything around to get it work.

i planned to build a bridge rectifier, to have the 7phase output, converted to variable dc power. depending on the strenght of the wind.

but what betterie charger will accept different dc input power becouse i dont want my new batteries to overcharge.
i hope u can help me.

Tinker

Guru

Posted: 02:46pm 24 Jun 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

It may be a good idea for you to wade through past posts, the subject has been discussed several times here. Read about why wind generators must have a load (or some braking device), read how batteries accept charge, even reading about basic electricity will help you along with your question above. It'll take you a while but it can be lots of fun.
Klaus

indexterslabor

Posted: 03:34pm 24 Jun 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

thanks, i guess thats a good idea^^

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024