Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 08:29 02 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : Chinese windmill controller cct

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 04:28am 02 Jul 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hey I'm wondering if anyone can shed some light on the operation of those cheap Chinese windmill ( the ones with the noisy fibreglass blades ) controllers. I know the controller is pretty unreliable and dont last very long, but I was wondering how they regulate the output. Is it a shunt controller? If anyone has a pic of the cct board that would help.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

RossW
Guru

Posted: 07:27am 03 Jul 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have one here, never used, from my 1KW machine Glenn.

I'll see if I can remember where I threw it and take some pics for you

RossW
Guru

Posted: 08:17am 03 Jul 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

ok, lousy shots, sorry, but here goes. If you want more detail, let me know and I'll try to take some better shots when I have better light....

GWatPE

Posted: 07:51am 04 Jul 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

the controller above is much different to mine. Mine was from a 24V 300W/500W unit, and uses an AC shorting system. All potted, so no chance to get the cct layout. Mine has no heater.

My most successful system has a combination of diversion heater and then system shutdown process. For my own battery bank I am looking at a system without a plasmatronics unit, as I believe the windmills are not controlled well enough to fully use the battery maintenance routines properly.

Gordon.

become more energy aware

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 11:53pm 04 Jul 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks for the photos Ross.

I've got one of those circuit boards, minus the bridge rectifier. I think Dennis gave it to me, it was broken. I didn't know it was used for.

The dump resistor is 3 ohms. There's a micro chip, MOSFET driver ic, an awlfull lot of parts for a simple controller.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

RossW
Guru

Posted: 12:41am 05 Jul 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Yeah, when I originally put up my mill, this controller was near useless. Got nothing (useful) out of it, so built a simply bridge rectifier (as previously posted here I think), which did infinitely better.

As I never seem to be able to make as much power as I use, there wasn't any need for a dumpload controller here.

If you want more detailed pics of this thing, just holler.

I've just imported a couple of 2KW units. Their controllers are much less complex than this one, I'm hoping they work a lot better though! (If not, I can see I'll be building some dumpload controllers for the times I *DO* have surplus power - since I've added 1.2KW PV as well!)

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024