Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 01:15 02 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : piclog with SER-USB converters

Page 2 of 2    
fillm

Guru

Posted: 12:46am 26 Jul 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Gordon , here's some TXT files from both mills from the days with the most data this month , the Ax Fx will show the shut down when it was over powering my system .
I hope these two compressed files work as I have not done this before..
2009-07-26_103556_Data_Ax_Fx_2.zip

2009-07-26_103954_Data_F&P.zip

If they have uploaded ok , everyone will be able to have a look and play with the new data viewer using these TXT files ...Phill
PhillM ...Oz Wind Engineering..Wind Turbine Kits 500W - 5000W ~ F&P Dual Kits ~ GOE222Blades- Voltage Control Parts ------- Tower kits

haegeman

Posted: 07:30pm 07 Aug 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Haegeman_l@skynet.be

Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-ixAoelEjM
  http://www.ekotekoo.fr/Auto-construction-d-une-eolienne, 149."html"
  dear Mister.
I'm new at the Forum and my english is limited
here is a link to watch my vawt test
 I hope find an easier system to take the results of my test , volt, amp, watt, rpm,wind m/sec.
I will be glad if somebody can help me to adapt the system from GWATPE and GIZMO on my PC.

there is one picture from my generator Ginlong 1800watt .
I use a multiplicator 7.8 with chain

Edited by haegeman 2009-08-09

davef
Guru

Posted: 09:04pm 07 Aug 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Link doesn't work.

Janne

Posted: 09:06pm 07 Aug 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

You need to remove the space before the "html".. so the correct link is this:

link
If at first you don't succeed, try again.

My projects

haegeman

Posted: 09:32pm 07 Aug 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Edited by haegeman 2009-08-09

haegeman

Posted: 10:05pm 07 Aug 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

[QUOTE = GWatPE] J'ai passé un peu plus de temps avec le code VBasic et ont travaillé sur la façon d'utiliser la dir liste des cas et des listes de fichiers, d'obtenir un point et cliquez sur la méthode de sélection des fichiers à afficher dans la fenêtre graphique.

J'utilise un ordinateur portable pour la collecte de données, mais ont tendance à utiliser l'ordinateur pour regarder les données et connecté pour une analyse plus détaillée avec une feuille de calcul. J'ai maintenant un piclog type VBasic application qui peut être utilisé de façon autonome, sur un ordinateur qui ne disposer pas de communications. Cette application a un point et cliquez sur la sélection du fichier à consulter, à partir de n'importe quel répertoire sur le lecteur actuel. Mai je ajouter une fenêtre de sélection de lecteur, ainsi pour le moment. J'ai aussi des boutons de sélection rapide de 4x6hour des fenêtres, et une journée de sélection. J'ai permis à un nombre illimité de zoomer dans une partie de l'affichage graphique, sans avoir à manuellement les clés dans le temps.

Ces mods sont modifiés de travail sur un ensemble de données, et non pas Gizmos données d'origine. Une fois que je maîtrise tous ces changements, je vais les intégrer dans une version qui fonctionne avec tout les fichiers de données existants piclog.

J'ai maintenant un moyen rapide de voir le graphique de données et de production. Csv qui sont facilement importés dans un tableur. Je n'ai pas à entrer tout nouveau nom de fichier. À l'origine, le format de la date, un délai supplémentaire d'info est utilisé en tant que noms de fichiers pour les fichiers. Csv. Cela permet à de nombreux points de vue des données. Je vais ajouter une deuxième option pour permettre la visualisation de la rapide. Csv et.

Je vais faire tourner mods lundi passé Gizmo. Je ne sais pas si il y aura juste une façon d'avoir sur l'application qui fera tout. Je mai intégrer une ouverture qui permet à la fenêtre de graphiques et de acccess. Csv économiseur, même si l'exploitation forestière ne peut pas être effectuée. Je n'ai pas utilisé la liste des données brutes, cette zone de la fenêtre graphique, j'ai utilisé pour le point et de cliquer sur les sélections.

J'ai beaucoup plus d'idées avec l'aspect d'exploitation forestière, et ce VBasic application avec une fenêtre graphique un beaucoup plus de possibilités.

J'ai une 9channel l'exploitation forestière à des intervalles de 5sec sur les cartes.

Gordon.

[/ QUOTE]
haegeman_l@skynet.be
cher Gordon.
je suis nouveau sur le forum, pouvez-vous m'aider à utiliser un ordinateur portable pour la collecte de données système de volt, ampère, watt / h, tr / min, m / sec de vent. peut m'aider à faire de votre système que je vous dire directement que je ne suis pas tellement bien avec le computer.but si j'ai bien compris votre système fonctionne avec une fréquence variable curent.
  pour le moment, si vous pouvez le voir dans mon premier message, je fais la mesure avec un volmeter, un ampèremètre et compter pour les tr / min et un pour compter le vent, et je profite de toutes les mesure avec un camera.it "verry compliquéEdited by haegeman 2009-08-09

Janne

Posted: 08:12am 08 Aug 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I don't know what's the official policy in here, but I think most would appreciate if we would stick to english only in this forum.
If at first you don't succeed, try again.

My projects

GWatPE

Posted: 08:35am 08 Aug 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

haegeman said   [QUOTE = GWatPE] J'ai passé un peu plus de temps avec le code VBasic et ont travaillé sur la façon d'utiliser la dir liste des cas et des listes de fichiers, d'obtenir un .........

.........les tr / min et un pour compter le vent, et je profite de toutes les mesure avec un camera.it "verry compliqué

Here is a translation of the post from Haegeman above.

I spent a little more time with the code VBasic and worked on how to use the dir list of cases and lists of files to get a point and click method of selecting files to display in the screen.

I use a laptop computer for data collection, but tend to use the computer to look at the data and connected to a more detailed analysis with a spreadsheet. I now have a piclog VBasic type application that can be used independently on a computer that does not have communications. This application has a point and click to select the file to view, from any directory on the current drive. May I add a selection window drive, so for the moment. I also have buttons for quick selection 4x6hour windows, and a day of selection. I allowed an unlimited number of zoom in a part of the graphic display, without having to manually key in time.

These mods are modified to work on a data set, Gizmos and not the original data. Once I master all these changes, I will integrate them into a version that works with all existing data files piclog.

I now have a quick way to see the data graph and production. Csv which are easily imported into a spreadsheet. I do not have to enter all new file name. The original format of the date, time info is used as file names for files. Csv. This allows many points of view of data. I will add a second option to allow visualization of the rapid. Csv and.

I'm going to run last Monday Gizmo mods. I do not know if there will be just a way to have the application that will do. May I include an opening that allows the graphics window and acccess. Csv saver, even if logging can not be performed. I have not used the list of raw data, this area of the screen, I used to point and click selections.

I have many more ideas with the aspect of logging, and VBasic application with a graphical window far more opportunities.

I have a 9channel logging at intervals of 5sec on maps.

Gordon.

[/ QUOTE]
haegeman_l@skynet.be
dear Gordon.
I am new on the forum, can you help me with a laptop computer for data collection system volt, ampere, watt / h, rpm, m / sec wind. can help make your system I tell you directly that I am not so well with the computer.but if I understand your system with a variable frequency curent.
yet, if you can see in my first message, I am far VOLMET with an ammeter and count for rpm and one for counting the wind, and I take every measure with camera.it "verry complicated

The google translator does a reasonable job of it.
Basically a rehash of my post.
Will look into this at some point.
Have a few too many software projects on the go at the moment.

Gordon.Edited by GWatPE 2009-08-09
become more energy aware

haegeman

Posted: 09:05am 08 Aug 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

GWatPE said   I have spent some more time with the VBasic code and have worked out how to use the dir list boxes, and file list boxes, to get a point and click method of selecting files to view in the graphing window.

I use a laptop for data collecting, but tend to use the modern computer for looking at the logged data and for more detailed analysis with a spreadsheet. I now have a piclog type VBasic application that can be used independently, on a computer that does not have any comms. This application has a point and click selection of the file to view, from any directory on the current drive. I may add a drive selection window as well yet. I also have buttons for rapid selection of 4x6hour windows, and a full day selection. I have allowed for unlimited zooming within a portion of the displayed graph, without having to manually key in the times.

These mods are working on a modified data set, and not Gizmos original data. Once I have mastered all these changes, I will be incorporating these into a version that will work with any existing piclog data files.

I now have a rapid way of looking at the graphed data and producing .csv files that are easily imported into a spreadsheet. I do not have to enter any new file names. The original date format, with extra time info is used as the filenames for the .csv files. This allows many views of the data. I will be adding a second option to allow rapid viewing of the .csv files as well.

I will be running my mods past Gizmo. I am not sure if there will be a way of just having on application that will do everything. I may incorporate an opening window that allows acccess to graphing and .csv saving even if logging cannot be performed. I have not used the raw data list, so this area of the graphing window I have used for the point and click selections.

I have a lot more ideas with the logging aspect, and this VBasic application with a graphing window has many more possibilities.

I have a 9channel logging at 5sec intervals on the cards.

Gordon.

sorry I have send a message in French
haegeman_l@skynet.be

can you help me to I use a laptop for data collecting the same system that you use
I will receive the same screen information that the piclog system volt ,amp, rpm, wind m/sec, rpm turbine
can somebody send me information at my mail adresse

GWatPE

Posted: 12:00am 09 Aug 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

My dabbling with VBasic coding is more to satisfy my own requirements. The piclog program presented by Gizmo works in its original format. There are some interface quirks with some USB-SER converters b=needed with modern laptops.

I will be investigating the ATOM processor board for my next logging project. These are very low consumption with full COMM features.

I have managed to get a USB interface to work in conjunction with a serial component from the same source code, so I have more options still.

Gordon.

become more energy aware

haegeman

Posted: 07:10am 09 Aug 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

dear Gordon .
thank you for the traduction for my other mail it was a problem with my automatic traduction system,I'm not good with the computer and I can nothing in informatic ,
gordon ,I have find this link ,but I don't know how that work ,my friend say that it is capable to take many mesures at a PC ???? you have maybe the solution with this?
thank you
luc
haegeman_l@skynet.be
ADAM-4117

http://www.advantech.com.tw/products/Robust-8-ch-Analog-Inpu t-Module-with-Modbus/mod_1-2MLDKI.aspx

Robust 8-ch Analog Input Module with Modbus
Main Features
8 differential and independent configuration channels
Broader Operating Temperature Range
Higher Noise Immunity: 1 kV surge protection on power inputs, 3 kV EFT, and 8 kV ESD protection
Broader Power Input Range: +10 ~ +48VDC
LED dsiplay allows to monitor the status address settings
Supports 200 VDC Hi common mode voltage
Supports unipolar and bipolar input
Supports +/- 15 V input range
Supports filter auto-turning or filter-out 50 Hz / 60 Hz
Online Firmware Update

http://www.advantech.com.tw/products/Robust-8-ch-Analog-Inpu t-Module-with-Modbus/mod_1-2MLDKI.aspx

Datasheet (PDF) 3D model online view Download 3D Model Manual/ Driver/ BIOS/ FAQ

haegeman

Posted: 07:32am 09 Aug 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

dear Gordon .
for ADAM.
in the specifications,part number,adam-4117-AE
if you clic on GET QUOTE you have price and other details .
but I don't understand what I need to make a good system.
to put the info volt, ampere, watt(I know p=UxI),rpm turbine, and wind in m/sec ( I have for the moment one anemometer with winrar for connection to my PC.
thank you
lucEdited by haegeman 2009-08-10

GWatPE

Posted: 05:05am 10 Aug 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have an old Advantech PCMCIA 8 channel Analogue input & 8 channel digital I/O unit. Not supported by the company now. No upgrades available to winXP etc.

ADAM units are modular. My last look at them put them in the expensive pile.

The piclog uses a cheap micro and simple interface components, and is designed to work with specific software on the PC.

The software can be adapted to other uses, but requires the user to make the code mods. You need a good programming background and VBasic experience.

A good datalogging tool is very specific to the end user. I am having a lot of trouble making my efforts universal. Commercial units tend to be tailored for a particular industrial application and as such end up expensive. Power consumption of the logger is not usually an issue for industry, so a unit designed for scientific use may be better, but will probably be more expensive still.

Gordon.
become more energy aware

GWatPE

Posted: 05:25am 10 Aug 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

io unit

this is a 16bit adaptable unit, but is expensive.

Gordon.

become more energy aware

haegeman

Posted: 07:00am 10 Aug 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

GWatPE said   I have an old Advantech PCMCIA 8 channel Analogue input & 8 channel digital I/O unit. Not supported by the company now. No upgrades available to winXP etc.

ADAM units are modular. My last look at them put them in the expensive pile.

The piclog uses a cheap micro and simple interface components, and is designed to work with specific software on the PC.

The software can be adapted to other uses, but requires the user to make the code mods. You need a good programming background and VBasic experience.

A good datalogging tool is very specific to the end user. I am having a lot of trouble making my efforts universal. Commercial units tend to be tailored for a particular industrial application and as such end up expensive. Power consumption of the logger is not usually an issue for industry, so a unit designed for scientific use may be better, but will probably be more expensive still.

Gordon.

Dear Gordon .have you please a solution capable to work now ,and not to complicated for somebody not verry strong in informatic, I will buy a system but not to expensif
thank you
luc

GWatPE

Posted: 11:09am 10 Aug 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The ADAM hardware is just the real world interface. You will still require the computer software. This is equivalent to the piclog program supplied by Gizmo, that works with the picaxe microprocessor with its adapter components and Serial COMMS to the PC.

My experience is that the ADAM will come with some basic example software that will show that it works. This unit only has analogue inputs, even though these are 16bitADC. Frequency, current etc will require additional interfacing to the real world.

I have made my own version of the picaxe PCB, that works with the piclog program. I have made some mods to the VBasic code as well. I have also made my own programs that work with larger picaxe micro's. I am looking at other apps to work with the CurrentCost power meters.

You are a long way away and I do not think that I would be able to supply and support a unit if I made one for you. I do not have resources to supply and support an item I make half way round the world. Some tailoring of components may still be required to get a piclog operational. I have found that this can only be done over the phone.

You may need to get help from someone at a university or PCB manufacturer.

Hope you sort something.

Gordon.

become more energy aware

Page 2 of 2    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024