Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 03:46 02 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : Cable Plant Power Supplies

floodrod

Posted: 08:13pm 28 Jul 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Over my time in the Cable Company, I acquired two nice size power supplies. I'm pondering the possibilities of how I can use them in my wind turbine setup I am working on.

This one was inside the head-end (where the video processing/encoding happens). It steps 110AC to either 30 or 60V AC with a 20 amp AC amp readout on the front.

Here's a shot of the large/heavy transformer

I also have a larger unit that was used an an RF power supply (which powered the trunk lines). This one is much bigger.

Any brilliant ideas on how I can incorporate these into a windmill power system?

Edited by floodrod 2009-07-30

GWatPE

Posted: 10:29pm 28 Jul 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Might be good as fill in the concrete for the tower base, boat anchor, etc. LOL.

There may be uses, but these seem to be old style 60Hz iron cored transformer types. Not even heavy duty rectifiers or extruded aluminium heatsinks.

If there were 3 identical units, these may be suitable for AC coupling a high voltage windmill to a battery.

Gordon.
become more energy aware

floodrod

Posted: 01:36am 29 Jul 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Yaa. They are pretty old and crappy. I'll keep them in the crawlspace till I have a need for any gadgets on them

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024