Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 20:35 05 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : PicLogger

Page 2 of 2    
GWatPE

Posted: 09:42am 17 Nov 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Liqud,

I draw all my PCB artwork with easyedit. This is an old DOS program, I purchased so long ago. Pre win3.1.

I make all my own component libraries now. I use SMD components on top and bottom surfaces, and have made solder mask layers for them as well.

My PicLog board is rather small. I am revising this again to incorporate a picaxe 14M. The 5 analogue inputs with either two digital inputs and 3 digital outputs or one digital input with 3 digital outputs and one PWM output are a plus. I am trying to consolidate my logging and I hope to fully utilize this chip for my windmills and battery monitoring. I hope to record rpm, Bat1V, Bat2V, Bat3V, Windmill_1A, Windmill_2A and have 2 digital control outputs and give PWM charging to my LiPo battery. There will be a COMM logging output function as well that will be compatible with the old piclog program as well as a newer version I am writing.

I have found a new component, an isolated amplifier. This will simplify the measurement of current. Have some more testing to go yet.

Another project.

Gordon.

become more energy aware

liqud

Posted: 01:43am 18 Nov 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hey Gordon, Pre win3.1 gotta be pretty talented with command lines for that kinda work.
I was planning on modifying for a 20m aiming for relay control as well. LiPo are you charging an EV? sorry i rarely get time to read more about you gentlemen. All I really know about you gordon is that u may have more donated electronics lying around than me... lets hope not

Thanks for the Insight Gordon

Can i get a general consensus on what computers are being used for logging and data transmission.
aiming for low current, low voltage and full functionality.

I have the Beagle Board in mind. optimal OS is windows ce or linux. niether will work nicely for the vb program although heavily modifiable!

Has anyone even heard of these things.
Shawn C
Real power is not given its made...

Page 2 of 2    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024