Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 23:39 05 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : The new DB9 PCB connectors from FTDI

vasi

Guru

Posted: 10:41am 21 May 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

This is great! We don't have to use anymore inconvenient USB to serial converters and cables as this

We just solder this DB9 converter on our PCB. Simply great! It will take a while to get spread on all markets around world...

See the original article.

Hobbit name: Togo Toadfoot of Frogmorton
Elvish name: Mablung Miriel
Beyound Arduino Lang

GWatPE

Posted: 01:01pm 21 May 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Vasi,

I have a similar component from FutureTech. My unit plugs into the USB of the PC, and has the Comm, I/O and a 5V & 3.3V supply, including data indicators and hardware handshaking if needed. Mine is tiny as well, smaller than a normal USB connector.

I gave up waiting for info from other forum members,so I have now an E-PC running win 7. This unit,I have now tried on this new PC, and I have programmed chips, and COMMS work well.

This little device works on WIN XP, VISTA & WIN7. There are drivers for most other systems as well.

Gordon.

become more energy aware

vasi

Guru

Posted: 03:29pm 21 May 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

With this, is easy to design a board for any kind of microcontroller (Picaxe, AVR, PIC and others) without native USB connection. Can't wait to see them on the market (nothing yet in my area).

This breaks the monopoly of others: Arduino, Amicus18, and any other board with the FTDI chip soldered on it.

Vasi
Hobbit name: Togo Toadfoot of Frogmorton
Elvish name: Mablung Miriel
Beyound Arduino Lang

Janne

Posted: 08:59am 23 May 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

That's a nice find, thanks for sharing. Should be a nice plug & play replacement for any old serial port connector.

For new applications, however, I would like something like this, but with the usb +5V also being available. It's quite handy to steal the 5V to the microcontroller also from the usb power, eliminating the need for any other power supply.
If at first you don't succeed, try again.

My projects

Bryan1

Guru

Posted: 10:24pm 23 May 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Guys,
Great find Vasi so of course I just had to look at dontronics to see if they had it but instead I found this one. Just as small and a heap more features.

Cheers Bryan

domwild
Guru

Posted: 10:32pm 24 May 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Great find, Vasi. Thanks for that.

Taxation as a means of achieving prosperity is like a man standing inside a bucket trying to lift himself up.

Winston Churchill

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024