Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 16:49 07 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : Desulphator Q’s

readyakira

Posted: 02:51am 11 Jun 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Has anyone layed out the desulphator circuit that downwind had posted? I am looking to make a few of these both 12v and 24v. Problem is I am not good with adapting a circuit to vero (strip) board. I ordered a bunch of stripboards from a company called futurlec. Note the prices were good, although I got charged a customs charge I didn't know I was gonna pay.
Don't you think Free/Renewable energy should be mandatory in new buildings?

Bub73

Posted: 03:49am 11 Jun 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I haven't tested this layout yet but you are welcome to try it out. I'm sure others here will catch my mistakes and/or make it better.

Bob

readyakira

Posted: 11:40am 11 Jun 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

pink dots are breaks in the stripboard?

Don't you think Free/Renewable energy should be mandatory in new buildings?

Downwind

Guru

Posted: 12:18pm 11 Jun 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I would read it as cut tracks, yes.

Be mindfull the inductors are not all small, and you might not want to restrict yourself to the size shown, and might need to miss a track here or there to allow for the physical size of things.

I have not checked the circuit lay out but trust Bob has got it right.

I cannot say i got outstanding results from this circuit on the battery i tried it on, but must it was a bad battery i had given no hope to anyway.

Pete.
Sometimes it just works

VK4AYQ
Guru

Posted: 12:56pm 11 Jun 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi All

I have found that with a fully dead battery it can take weeks to get it back to life that is if it hasn't got any internal problems such as warped plates shorts and sludge buildup to partial short the bottom of plates, the best use is on good batteries even if partly sulphated, it prevents future sulphation and slowly converts sulphate to lead and acid so you don't have to boil the guts out to equalize the cells causing active material to be lost off the plates.

All the best

Bob

Foolin Around

Bub73

Posted: 03:00pm 11 Jun 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Yes the pink dots are track cuts and inductor size and style will effect spacing so be careful.
This is the first time I've used diy layout creator so there there could be mistakes; also I've added a couple minor components for a test point and a zenner to protect the 555 ic.

Bob

Razzle

Posted: 02:46am 27 Jul 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi all.
Hey i am trying to build this circuit at the moment and getting the parts is a nightmare.
I have finally sourced them now but i want to ask for future builds, how critical is the uf value of C1. That little capacitor nearly gave me an aneurism. The ones i got cost me $5.00 each!! Futurlec, altronics, Jaycar, Mouser and Digikey don't have them. Only Farnell @ $5.00 each in 250v or something.
Would it be possible to substitute this with a 33uf that are a dime a dozen?

Sorry for my component ignorance.

Even C4 was a nightmare not to mention the 6A inductor ($9.00 each) or the Mosfet.

I would like to build a few of these.

Thanks.
Darren.

Bub73

Posted: 03:22pm 27 Jul 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

C1 can be anything larger than specified, mostly just for filtering; I use 220uf @35v with good results because I have them.
C4 and the Mosfet I get from mouser.com or ebay; I think Mouser will ship Internationally.
C5 wants to be just as specified 100uf 16 to 25 volts low impedance.

Bob

Razzle

Posted: 03:32pm 27 Jul 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks heaps Bob.
I did end up getting a couple of bits off Ebay.
Thats really great, i really don't know what the problem with 30uf is.
Thanks again.
Darren.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024