Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 18:00 29 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : ebay power jack inverters

erasertech

Posted: 10:39am 06 Sep 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

i contacted the seller of power jack inverters on ebay and asked if they were certified for use in australia , replay was they are CE certified and approved for use can anyone confirm this?

Downwind

Guru

Posted: 10:57am 06 Sep 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I thought "CE" certified stood for "Chinese Electronics" certified?

Do a google search on power jack and you might be supprised with what you find out.

Pete.
Sometimes it just works

VK4AYQ
Guru

Posted: 01:34pm 06 Sep 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

HI Pete

I think they are made for power jack by Chen Kull motor factory,sat that is where mine was dispatched from, Power Jack is their marketing agent as they wouldn't know a bee from a bulls foot about the product, and if it works great if it doesn't the warranty isn't worth a pie.

All the best

Bob
Foolin Around

Downwind

Guru

Posted: 05:03pm 07 Sep 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

If you want to know about power jack inverters than you should read this horror story.

http://ludens.cl/Electron/chinverter/chinverter.html

I found this some time back when a friend bought one.

I thought he got a good cheap inverter till i looked into them and read this article.

I dont know but the grid ties might be better, then maybe they are the same too??

As far a i know my friend hasent burnt his house down yet or turned up here wanting to know if i can repair his inverter.
Then it only gets limited use so wont speak to soon.

Pete.
Sometimes it just works

sPuDd

Posted: 07:34am 09 Sep 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Read it - WOW!

I'm surprised they didn't just sell an empty box.
It would have been cheaper to design!

sPuDd..
It should work ...in theory

Downwind

Guru

Posted: 08:39am 09 Sep 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

So sPuDd, do you want to buy a cheap inverter, Power Jack make one.

Overall i was impressed with the inverter my friend bought and it was very light in weight, so i opened it up for a look as it didnt seem right to be so light and yet a 3500 watt inverter.

I wish i had looked closer to the construction now that i read the above link.

I went looking for a supplier to see what price range these inverters came in at, when i stumbled across the horror story.
It soon changed my mind on power jack inverters.

Please point anyone to this article if they are thinking of buying a power jack inverter.

Then i have read many other articles on other cheap inverters that also have the same heatsink problem on the mosfets, and would appear to be a common problem with Chinese construction.

They say you get what you pay for, well power jack adds a little extra.

Pete.
Sometimes it just works

domwild
Guru

Posted: 10:24pm 17 Sep 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Interesting read!

Taxation as a means of achieving prosperity is like a man standing inside a bucket trying to lift himself up.

Winston Churchill

dwyer
Guru

Posted: 11:59pm 17 Sep 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Domwild
Yes it was very interesting story and sometime ago l did send power jack e-mail asking for 24 volt inverter but they never got back however on E-bay had pretty young Asian lady with white man handle and showing off their piss of sh*t
Power Jack 12 volt inverter as l knew what they are doing doesn’t look right so is all money grabbing Now I don’t trust E-bay feedback and many high performer seller don’t give anyone contact address or phone number if the items is faulty and therefore you lose One thing why E-Bay ask for your all your private information including bank detail and phone number and E-bay themselves don’t release their banking detail for anyone to pay fee nor their contact phone number to anyone however very strange secret E-bay phone number is available at any local police station is answering machine but they will call back only if you are a police officer if you have police officer mate good luck your are the winner Think about .

Dwyer

arklan

Posted: 11:29am 25 Sep 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Dear suttonturbines, the inverter looks like a power jack inverter, can you confirm? iv heard a lot of bad things about power jack inverters, can you tell me of any problems youv ever had with the inverter?

Dear edwardjohn108, hi, yes its a cheap powerjack inverter. i can believe it would not last very long with a normal controller. in this system the controller has gas-discharge device protection on the AC side, and has 5000W Transient Voltage Suppression (TVS) Diodes on the DC Side, the voltage automatically regulated to 28.5v using the braking relays, the capacitor bank acts as a large low-pass filter. the dc power going into the inverter would be as good as a laboratory power supply. I have had this system running for months without any problems, it all works well together even in storms/gales regards, mike. - suttonturbines

b351267

Posted: 10:29am 15 Oct 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

One thing everyone needs to know about Powerjack inverters is that the case may not be connected to the mains earth internally, to put it another way, the metal case may not be earthed when you plug it into the mains! I purchased one and found this to be so and I have asked other people who have them and they say the same. I strongly suggest if you have one, that you check for continuity between the earth pin of the mains cord and the case. If you are unsure then open it and have a look, it is quite a simple matter to drill a hole and bolt a cable lug to the case, then wire it to the earth pin on the mains socket.
I have since bought an SWEA Grid Tie inverter, although 3 times the price, they are very well made, definitely earthed and you can modify the power curve to some extent to suite your wind turbine or solar panel/s. I am sure they are much safer and although I am not sure if the have Aus certification yet, they do have US and Euro certification which is good enough for me.
Don

There is always a 'Plan B'.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024