Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 06:40 19 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : dump load controller

russdy

Posted: 06:22am 11 May 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

hello everyone

with the wealth of information on this site ive built myself a f&p wind generator the only piece i need now is the dumpload controller i was wondering if an automatic dual battery regulator (13.6v on 12.8v off voltage sensitive relay and yes it is for a 12v battery bank)would work? its rated to 140 amps witch i will never see.
if it doesnt work ill use it as a backup for my 4wd system

i can post a link to the exact unit if anyone wants more info?Edited by russdy 2011-05-12
the main reason things break in my house is because ive pulled it apart to see how it works

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 06:44am 11 May 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Russdy, welcome to the site.

Yeah could you provide a link, I would like to check it out and see if it can be made to work?

13.6 is borderline for the charging voltage cut off point, ideally it should be closer to 14 volts. The 12.8 cut in voltage is fine. It might be possible to adjust the 13.6 up slightly, will know more once we find out more about the relay.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

russdy

Posted: 06:55am 11 May 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Matson-12V-140Amp-VSR-Dual-Battery-Is olator-/330528764877?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4c f50cd

if i can find one with the right cut in cut off specs would it work?
Edited by russdy 2011-05-12
the main reason things break in my house is because ive pulled it apart to see how it works

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 05:31am 15 May 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Russdy

I was kind of hoping someone else has seen that relay before and would know if its was suitable. No luck.

I would guess you could use it. Connect a dump load to the output terminals ( 2nd battery ), and it should work, switching in the dump load at 13.3 volts. But I'm only guessing, and it might not work at all. And 13.3v really is too low.

Sorry couldn't help.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024