Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 16:55 16 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : New Oatley Regulator + new 7p2p rotor

brett

Posted: 03:35am 20 Nov 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I am good with building not good with electronics.

My windmill will have the 7p2p wiring and was thinking of using the new Oatley controller.

Will this controller handle the watts / amps produced from a windmill built exactly like on Glen's web site?

And does this negate the need for a load to dump current into when the battery bank is charged?

The new controler seems to be only set up for 3phase input not seven phase. Is this a problem?

Just out of interest can some one give me a "rough" typical output (amps/hr) from these windmills, charging a 12v battery bank. I understand each mill is different but a guide will be helpful.

Pt w/field Matt

Posted: 12:57am 28 Nov 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

hi brett im doing one of those regs now and because im running 7 phrase like you ive decided to use 4 35 amp bridge reterifers to run up the tower and send dc to the reg,you loose some volts but proberly picked up some through 7 phrase,just connect dc after the 12 diodes on the board
matt down south

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 11:27am 28 Nov 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Brett

As a guide for windmill output, my windmill is also a 7p2p on 12 volts and I get up to 5 amps most of the time in light winds. When the wind picks up it goes up to 10 amps pretty easy and I've see close to 20 amps during the real strong gusts. Its charges a couple of car batteries, and I use these to power a string of garden lights at night. The lights draw about 1.5 amps all night, next day the wind starts up at about 9am and by midday I notice the charge controller has switched the windmill over to load, meaning the windmill only needs a couple of hours to recharge the batteries.

Glenn

The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024