Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 00:03 09 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : Resurrected my 28X Picaxe

domwild
Guru

Posted: 05:59am 01 Jun 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi,

My proto board was dead after I soldered the two 4k7 resistors in for the EEPROM. Panic! But then I remembered from my IT teaching days to "lay-on the hands". Meaning many an XT motherboard would work again after pressing all the chips down.

Tried it with the 28X and, voila, it works! Smiles!
Hope this is useful info; the Picaxe forum did not accept this post, perhaps suggesting to Revolution that there are many mistakes in their Basic Language manual, such as stating 65335 instead of 65535 for 2**16 -1 may have upset them too much!

Taxation as a means of achieving prosperity is like a man standing inside a bucket trying to lift himself up.

Winston Churchill

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 11:23pm 01 Jun 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hey Dom

Good tips. I remember going over the PC cards when I was working for Telecom all those years ago. Use my thump and press on all the socketed chips, made a reassuring clicky crunch sort of noise as the IC's reseated. We worked out the heating/cooling cycles would cause the chips to work their way up over time.

I see in the latest issue of Silicon Chip they talk about the new 28X1 PicAxe chip. Very nice, double the program and variables space, and a whole bunch of new features, even some basic trig functions. Might have to rethink my 28X based charger, add intelligent charging and MPPT.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024