Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 01:41 09 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : Smart Drive Max output

herbnz

Posted: 05:21am 03 Aug 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi I would appreciate some feedback on a query about is it possible when driving a smart drive from a engine of suitable out put to get 48 volt batteries charging at 60amps ? This is up to 3.6 Kw I suspect it is if you drive up to close 3000rpm and only have effectivly 3 turns on each pole but will the rotor stand it ?
At present I have a unit on a hydro doing 1200rpm sweet as producing 35 volts 30 amps charging 24 volt batteries with large voltage drop in temp cables turns per pole here are 6 in star
cheers
herb

Chipboy

Posted: 10:03am 03 Aug 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Are you letting the wild AC from the hydro go all the way to you / the DC rectification point?

If so try putting the rectifiers at the Hydro unit and transport the DC, magnetisation and demagnetisation causes losses in AC transmission. It takes energy to create and then destroy those AC magnetic and electric fields. A thick cable would be best but if you only have a few thinner ones then put them in parallel and try that, equal number of cables in both negative and positive lines.

Matt
Wind wannabe

herbnz

Posted: 06:32pm 03 Aug 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Matt
Yea dead right rectification has to be right at unit the frequency at high revs is around 700hz. No the unit is being test run on my system that is set up for much lower power levels cables to small for this level no problem tho I can not use all this power.Many thanks for you reply
Herb

RossW
Guru

Posted: 08:13pm 03 Aug 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Unless he's running multiphase from the unit to the batteries, I suspect he'll lose much less power overall if he is running 3-phase (or more) over 3 (or more) wires, than running DC over just two wires.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024