Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 20:25 28 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : 4.5v led to 12v whats needed

sacongo

Posted: 05:17am 26 Mar 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I would like to connect a 4.5V 48 led light (3 AA batteries) to a 12V system i have a few of the lights i was thinking hooking up three in series to get it to 13.5v but i know led need correct polarity to work so im thinking it wont work? I read hear about a resistor will work and if so what type had how to hook it up. Can anyone shed some light on this, im not to good with electrical stuff. I can attach a pic of the inside if needed. Edited by sacongo 2008-03-27

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 07:03am 26 Mar 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi sacongo

Connected three in series should work fine. Or you could use a dropping resistor. Even better you could most likely get away with a little LM7805 regulator. But first up we need some more infomation. Could you post a picture?

Really what we need to know is the current draw.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

sacongo

Posted: 02:33am 27 Mar 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Ok here a picture, If i can connected three in series i think thats the way to go.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024