Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 09:49 05 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : For Sale : Dual Shelf HD Battery Rack

sPuDd

Posted: 05:19am 20 Jul 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Second item in my RE clean out sale. I made this rack myself just after I bought my 48V battery bank. The steel was a premium pallet racking system in an industrial warehouse. I designed it to fit into my Transporter van, and allow me to setup two 48V battery banks. It should be more than capable of supporting several ton of battery mass. All exposed steel and welds are coated in Cold Gal. The shelf was built from cement sheet as it is non-conductive, fire, water, chemical and rot proof. Its built to last.

Legs are 100x75x8mm steel.
Cross members are 50x50x5mm steel.
Shelves are 18mm compressed cement sheet.
All welded together with a 255Amp mig turned up to 11, and to hell with the wire consumption!
2660mm long
750mm wide
830mm high.
Weighs at least 100kg.

It would be nice if it went with the 24x cells that are also for sale. In fact I will reserve it for the person who buys the cells. If they don't want the rack, then someone else can have it. Hell it would make a sweet work bench!

Due to size and weight (~100kg) freight would be almost impossible. I live in Atherton, North Queensland. It can be collected in person with a truck, van or trailer.

Reply here for more info, or email me: spuddlyatinternode.on.net (swap the ‘at’ with @) or phone 0429913702.

sPuDd..
Edited by sPuDd 2009-07-21
It should work ...in theory

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024