Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 00:38 30 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : For Sale : F&P motors

KarlJ

Guru

Posted: 11:31am 02 Dec 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

got a few of them now, $40 each including the lot
plastic bearing block etc.

Will even re-wire it for you if I must....+
(at miserable hourly rate $10/hr)

$20 takes me about 2 hrs to do a neat job 7X2C star/delta.
$15 for a STar only 7x2C
$10 for a 2X7C star or delta

7Phase, havent done one of these yet looks time consuming, poa and i'll do it with you.

seems I'm locating them fairly regularly now.
takes quite a bit of time to cut the bearing out
and need to cover fuel for the lots of driving around I had to do to find them.

as no one seems interested in buying my wind turbine I have to find other means of coming up with the brass to buy one of Phillm's machines

Looks like I'll need to sell heaps of them!

BTW all but one of the half a dozen I have now are in perfect condition.

advertising them on ebay too, there is one bloke asking Buy it now $75 with no bearing block and std no rewire!!!
have seen a couple go close to that too.

Phone 0401 627 446
I'm in Highett Melbourne but i can post for about $20 anywhere in AUS, think USA would be XXXY but do-able none the less
Karl
Edited by KarlJ 2009-12-03
Luck favours the well prepared

VK4AYQ
Guru

Posted: 11:33am 05 Dec 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Karl

I would like 2 units for an experiment I want to do next year on vertical shaft application multiblade at approx 250 to 300 rpm, would need delta with voltage 100 plus to use into SMPS, the one I have is 110 volt to 27,5 to charge my 24 volt batteries
Could you give a price for units and rewind and post to 4311 QLD

All the best

Bob
Foolin Around

KarlJ

Guru

Posted: 11:33pm 05 Dec 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Bob

I punched in postcode 4811 instead of 4311...
I thought you'd be able to find you're own but
as you're not that close to any big cities they are going to be tough to find...

For your re-wire I dont know what SMPS is but delta with 100V plus is a big ask for 250-300rpm -(from what i've read)

Typically the cutin is 1.7x higher with delta.
and you're asking for high voltages im thinking 300rpm++

My suggestion RE the re-wire options you have is to post on the windmill forum....there are some guys with more 1st hand experience, ask the cap question too.
EG
will a 1X14C delta produce 100V at 250-300 rpm?
what stator should I use 60 or 80 and what CAP size is recommended. im guessing that 100-300uF at 400V+ would work but to what extent I dont know.

Perhaps 7X2C that would go straight into the batts
I think this would reduce your losses in the voltage converter and CAPS are a know quantity at this voltage and are a winner.
would halve that cutin to 150rpm and give you more power over a wider range of windspeeds.

Perhaps you could get creative see the positing on staggered windings. for you're 24V setup.

either way, plenty of sleepless nights pondering the amazing number of combinations possible to get the desired outcome..

If you buy the mill I send you a couple of stators to play with for free, if not will end up at $120 for a couple of stators with postage as I cant bargain for discounts with AUS post!

Call me for a chat on 0401627446 if you'd like.
Edited by KarlJ 2009-12-07

VK4AYQ
Guru

Posted: 12:23pm 18 Dec 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Karl

Sorry fot the long delay, I have been a off colour due to the heat up here as it has been over 40 for a while and it dosnt agree with me anymore.
On the windmill I have decided to give it a miss for the moment and concentrate on the vertical axis experiment as a result I would need two FP units wired for 24 volt delta if that is OK and I will play around with CAPS to tune it. I will install a small battery bank at the mill and run an equaliser cable to the main bank 150 meters away with limiter to keep amps to 12 so as not to get to much transmission loss. That was the reason for the higher voltage I was origionally looking at.

So if you could send me the $ amount reqiired including postage to 4311 I will send you the money next week and no great hurry to get them done as I wont be able to use them before end of January due to other commitments.
2 units at 24volt delta,
Please give your bank account details for direct transfer if that is ok with you.

By the way the SMPS is a switch mode power supply 110 volt to 27 volt at 15 amps used like DC transformer.

All the best

Bob
Foolin Around

KarlJ

Guru

Posted: 11:26am 23 Dec 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

As per the PM I've sent you the experimenters kit
a 60 an 80 and a 100. obviously they are all worth money so dont throw any away.
If you find you need another of the same type let me know, but seem to me there is plenty of overlap, thus you should be able to come up with something which matches the wind.

Myself I cheated and did exactly the same Phill does with 80S 2X7C star and 80S 2x7C delta as I know it matches well.

Voltage Smart Drive Stator Type
12. 60S 14x 1C delta, 80s 14x1C star, 80S 7X2C delta
24. 80S 7x2C star, 60s 7x2C delta
48. 100S delta 80S 2x7C star 80S2X7C

Enjoy, most of us had to work really hard to find those!

KarlJ

Guru

Posted: 12:16am 17 Jan 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

i still have heaps pm me.

GOFJ

Posted: 01:43am 24 Feb 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

seems I'm locating them fairly regularly now.
takes quite a bit of time to cut the bearing out
KarlJ....I have found an excellent (and fast) way of removing the bearing assembly from the agitator tub. Strap it onto a sack truck to stop the slippery sucker moving and plunge cut around it with a chain saw then round it off in a lathe. After the first one you learn to be a lot more accurate with the chain saw to reduce the amount of inital intermittent cuts in the lathe.
Jack

maheanuu

Posted: 08:58am 08 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Karl, I am a newbie, but I would like 4 of them, 2 for me and 2 for my mate who is an engineer over on Bora Bora but I would like them shipped to me here in Raiatea.. Not sure about the freight charges, or if they can be shipped by Freight, Your price is too good to pass up... And, up here in Tahiti, we would never be able to find anything like that..... Rewiring them is not a problem and we both have lathes and welders and all the fun toys. I think that if fillm ever gets his kits off the ground, there will be a hell of a market up here..... I will be pm'ing you tomorrow with all the information on me addy tel# etc and if you would be kind enough to provide me information on making payment, it would be greatly appreciated.

I just joined and I think I have found something really superb....

Ken Jackson
CPO USN Ret.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024