Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 06:42 05 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : For Sale : 6.5Kva Honda Clone Petrol Generator

sPuDd

Posted: 01:22am 22 Dec 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I know this is not strictly an RE item, but it was used as part of my backup system. I'm hoping it will go to someone up here who needs it more than I do.

I've since moved to a residential area, and have dismantled my backup systems - so this is no longer required.

I bought this a few years ago as where I lived suffered regular blackouts both unexpected and due to storms. I run it once a month for about an hour with the house connected as a load, so its got about 50 hours on it. It'll run my washing machine and tumble dryer or two wall Aircons along with the rest of the house no problem. I fitted a 20Amp change over switch and inlet plug to the switchboard so it was easy and safe. Starts every time. Runs clean. No leaks or oil consumption. In very clean condition.

I made a wheeled drop in base for it, so its easy to push around. That’s also included.

Specs:
6.5Kva 13hp 3000rpm
Electric and pull start.
5Kw max continuous brushless alternator
240V 20amp via standard clipsal 20amp switched 3-pin outlet (allows 10 & 15amp plugs)
Volt Meter and circuit breaker
12V 10amp output for battery charging etc.
20litre fuel tank (about half full at the moment)
Just changed the oil.
Unit seems to be a licensed clone of the popular 13hp Honda engine, so parts are easy.
***Includes external battery, spare alternator capacitors, 3x keys, spark plug & 2x 500W load lights.

It weighs about 50-60kg, so freight is not really an option. I live in Cairns, North Queensland, so it can be picked up if you are up this way. It was $1200 when I bought it a few years ago. I'm asking $600.

Reply here for more info, or email me: spuddlyatinternode.on.net (swap the ‘at’ with @) or phone 0400763767.

sPuDd..

It should work ...in theory

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024