Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 22:18 29 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : For Sale : Hit the jackpot on this find

divemaster1963

Posted: 12:33am 29 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

was talking to a man that has 60 + commercial solar water heating panels that he wants to sell. he got them from a national park that was using them to make steam to power a steam generator that supplied power to the park. he wants to sell them for only 125.00 each.
they are 3x6 panels with copper collector under a double pane glass cover with 4 inches of insulation under all in a gavanized casement with mounting tabs. these things weight almost 125 lbs each. I got 5 to use on my pool and maybe another project.
If anyone is interested in some of these please e-mail me and I will contact the man to see if he has any left. include your contact info.

these panels are located in Macon Ga. and will need to be pickup. He does not want to deal with freight costs.

here are a few pictures. the Temp readings are At 6pm Eastern, Prtly cloudy and The glas case is covered in dirt.

If anyone else wants to contact the owner

His Name is Rusty Jacobs and his office no. is : (478)744-0025. 9am-5pm M-F eastern

Please remember He does not want to ship these panels.

It is only local pickup

For 125.00 and Gov. spec. Heavy Heavy duty made. Can't be beat for the price.

KarlJ

Guru

Posted: 01:48pm 03 Apr 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

yep nice one, get the rest and the steam generator too
Luck favours the well prepared

divemaster1963

Posted: 04:14pm 03 Apr 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

wish I had the money to get the rest.

the man said the boiler was to big to get out of the building without distroying half the building.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024