Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 10:48 19 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : For Sale : 24 V 600AH Traction Batteries

Bryan1

Guru

Posted: 08:10pm 13 Nov 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

G'day Guy's,
After over 12 months I've reestablished my contact on deep cycle traction batteries and now I have a 24 volt 600AH pack for sale.

Some history on the batteries, about 3 months ago they were put new in a hire forklift and a month ago the company went into receivership so the lift truck was returned. Now that lift truck was fitted with new batteries so these one became surplus. So in reality these batteries are close to new with maybe 60 days of cycling max. The Batteries have an auto watering system setup along with a 150 amp anderson connector.

I am located in the Adelaide Hills and for easy loading a trailer can reverse into my shed and be loaded easily.

I am selling them for $1,200 and at that price they won't last long and I am trying to sell them local.

If any members are interested P.M. me

Regards BryanEdited by Bryan1 2013-11-15

Bryan1

Guru

Posted: 02:54pm 14 Nov 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

G'day Guy's,
Well after a talk with the better 1/2 and a call from my mate this morning more banks are on the way so my 24V 1000AH bank is now also for sale.

The 1000AH bank is just over 3 years old and is currently being used on our house array. Once a week I give the bank a good charge with my 80 amp traction charger and on good weather days we can go a week in between charges.

A pic of the 1000AH bank

Theses batteries are for sale and the price is $2,500

A pic of the 600AH bank

Regards Bryan

Downwind

Guru

Posted: 11:28pm 02 Dec 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

your pricing seems a little high to me, so what is the "mates rate" price on each pack.

Sometimes it just works

Bryan1

Guru

Posted: 08:40pm 03 Dec 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

G'day Downwind, The 600AH were sold today for $1,200 and if you think the pricing is high go try and find the same price elsewhere for the same battery type and size. As for the 1000AH pack my lowest price would be 2.2K which works out to $2.20 a AH.

Downwind

Guru

Posted: 02:03pm 04 Dec 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Bryan,

Good you got your asking price.

I view used batteries like used cars, we never really know what we are buying.
It might be like buying a car from a little old lady that only drove it on Sundays, rather than drive it to church, she drove it in the local rally race every Sunday.

For me used batteries are worth scrap value and then some, its a matter of how much above scrap value you are prepared to gamble with.
All the same its a reasonable ask price if the cells are as good as you claim, we all know how fast cells deteriorate if not maintained correctly, and a forklift is often not a perfect maintained piece of equipment, more abused would come to mind.

Pete.
Sometimes it just works

Bryan1

Guru

Posted: 11:03pm 05 Dec 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi downwind,
In you last post you have gone off talking crap that you know nothing about. I won't disclose the source of where I'm getting these batteries and when I buy them I KNOW they are good and the age and conditions the batteries were in are disclosed to me as my mate would bring up a bad set.

Yesterday I charged up that 1000AH until the SG reading was saying yea fully charged and after 25 hours of charging 25.6 volts under load and thats not too bad.

So tell me the batteries I'm selling are only scrap value well mate go find your batteries else where.

Now Glenn could you please remove this thread as members don't seem to be interested and this will only turn into a slanging match.

Regards Bryan

Downwind

Guru

Posted: 11:32pm 05 Dec 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Bryan,

Again you got it wrong, I was not attacking you, or even suggesting you should sell for scrap value.
I had said scrap value and then "some", its just how much above scrap value its worth gambling on for secondhand batteries.

I made no comment to your source and what quality the batteries were.

Sorry you were offend by my comment, it wasnt intended to upset you.

Pete.
Sometimes it just works

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024