Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 17:45 29 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : For Sale : Mean Well 48V power supplies

trippyben

Posted: 01:48pm 28 May 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have a couple of surplus second hand 48V ac to dc power supplies for sale.
Both are Mean Well brand
The RSP-1000-48 is capable of up to 21A@48V and the RSP-2400-48 is capable of a whopping 50A@48V! You could probably weld off that baby!!

More specs are on the Mean Well website.

Both have been tested no-load and power up OK.

Priced well below the sell price for new ones.
RSP-1000-48 -- SOLD
$150 for the RSP-2400-48
Postage extra. The RSP-1000-48 will fit in a 3kg Express Post bag for $15 in Australia.
The RSP-2400-48 is 3.2kg and might require about $20 postage depending on where it's going.

Best contact is tripmeters at optusnet dot com dot au

Ben.

Edited by trippyben 2014-06-01

Downwind

Guru

Posted: 02:28am 23 Jun 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Ben,

I struggle to make sense of your listing, it appears as its a 48VAC input to DC output.

I zoomed in on the photos and can not read the label on the unit, but the terminals would suggest its 240VAC input to 48VDC output at 21amp, switch mode power supply.

It might be wise to confirm the input voltage to output voltage, and perhaps add a clear photo of the label.

Im not sure what 48VDC is useful for with most folk here, because its too low for a battery charger.

Normally these supplies have an voltage adjustment trimpot near the terminals, so it would be of interest to know what voltage the output could be screwed upto, as it may be able to suit battery charging if it can be increased to 52VDC output.

Also you might want to have a look on Ebay for a similar item out of China with free postage, as i think it would be cheaper than yours.

PeteEdited by Downwind 2014-06-24
Sometimes it just works

fillm

Guru

Posted: 01:16pm 28 Jun 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Even if it could go to 52V it would be like trying to charge a 12v battery with 13v. It would need to supply 58 ~ 60 volts to be of any use in 48v battery world
PhillM ...Oz Wind Engineering..Wind Turbine Kits 500W - 5000W ~ F&P Dual Kits ~ GOE222Blades- Voltage Control Parts ------- Tower kits

trippyben

Posted: 11:13pm 03 Jul 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Downwind said   Ben,

I struggle to make sense of your listing, it appears as its a 48VAC input to DC output.

I zoomed in on the photos and can not read the label on the unit, but the terminals would suggest its 240VAC input to 48VDC output at 21amp, switch mode power supply.

It might be wise to confirm the input voltage to output voltage, and perhaps add a clear photo of the label.

Im not sure what 48VDC is useful for with most folk here, because its too low for a battery charger.

Normally these supplies have an voltage adjustment trimpot near the terminals, so it would be of interest to know what voltage the output could be screwed upto, as it may be able to suit battery charging if it can be increased to 52VDC output.

Also you might want to have a look on Ebay for a similar item out of China with free postage, as i think it would be cheaper than yours.

Pete

Full specs for the power supply are on the mean well website. Just plug in the model number.

It is a 240Vac to 48Vdc power supply. Note that I have sold the 21A models, only the 50A remains available.

I based my pricing on this actual model's RRP for a new one.
I doubt you can compare the quality and performance between this and the cheap units.Edited by trippyben 2014-07-05

trippyben

Posted: 12:44am 09 Jul 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

All SOLD now.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024