Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 17:44 25 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : For Sale : Massive shunts, 25&40Amps

domwild
Guru

Posted: 11:37pm 06 Sep 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi,

I have one 40A shunt and four 25Amp shunts for sale. Both types are marked '50MV', I suspect that means 50mV drop at max. Amp?

Massive 15mm thick mounting base in black and lots of brass on top with two nuts and two spring washers each. The actual shunt is a small notched copper flat. A 2011-2012 Altronics catalogue tells me a 100Amp model sells new for $20. Location Perth.

How much am I bid?

dom

Taxation as a means of achieving prosperity is like a man standing inside a bucket trying to lift himself up.

Winston Churchill

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 11:11am 07 Sep 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Dom , keep them .

For what you get , you will kick yourself in years to come ,when you do some experimenting .. Remember , you can alter those shunts just by deepening the cuts or ever soldering one or two cuts up a bit ! I've got stuff here that is going back to when I started this hobby. I've considered getting rid of it ,but for the small $ amount and bother ,I'll keep it til someone comes over and "really" needs it . He can have it for the benefit of the hobby .

Keep them,

Bruce

Bushboy

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024