Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 17:49 20 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : For Sale : New Book, Making a 6kW OzInverter

Page 1 of 2    
Clockmanfr

Guru

Posted: 09:59pm 03 Jun 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Okay, the "MAKING A 6kW OZINVERTER" is now available.

There are 2 options,.....

.................. 'The Book' and the Supplement, 'Making the PCB's', etch masks, parts lists etc'

.................. 'The Book, the Supplement, Making the PCB's, And includes the 3 commercially made double sides PCB's, The New '6-15kW Power Board', the New 'OzControl Board' and the New 'OzCooling Board'

http://www.echorenovate.com/new-book--make-a-6kw-inverter.php
Everything is possible, just give me time.

3 HughP's 3.7m Wind T's (14 years). 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (10 yrs). 21kW PV AC coupled SH GTI's. OzInverter created Grid. 1300ah 48v.

Madness

Guru

Posted: 01:23am 04 Jun 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Link says "404. Sorry, we can't seem to find that page, click here to return to the homepage."
There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Clockmanfr

Guru

Posted: 08:22am 04 Jun 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I will try again.

http://www.echorenovate.com/new-book--make-a-6kw-inverter

3 HughP's 3.7m Wind T's (14 years). 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (10 yrs). 21kW PV AC coupled SH GTI's. OzInverter created Grid. 1300ah 48v.

Madness

Guru

Posted: 12:05pm 04 Jun 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks for that, I have been searching through the forums about it, do you have a link or perhaps put the introduction section up of the book online to show what the inverter is capable of?

Thanks

Gary
There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Clockmanfr

Guru

Posted: 10:22pm 04 Jun 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Gary,

Yes I am doing a "OzInverter, Brief notes on its substance and its development."

Which will have links, why OzInverter? what it can do etc etc.

What it can do?. Toroid's are the key here, they match with our Power Board and its matching OzControl board. No commercial available toroid will do, we stack cores, do the maths on the cross section mm/2, (real working figures) gives us a rough guide on the Secondary windings and Primary windings from the known ratio. (Its in the book), we wind by hand, (example of the table set up), as no commercial winding machine can get into our stacked cores, we mylar tape and expoxy each winding, this stops the buzzing and movement of the windings so eliminating early failure due to shorting out. We test each winding for correct turns etc, we wind a low count single primary core, about 50mm/2, better cooling abilities, we bench test it and test the secondary and amend the primary by a turn to get what we want. The Power Board the OzControl board......Any how you get the drift, its all in the book stage by stage.

So what you end up with is a stonking big, serious Power Inverter. And all at a very reasonable Price.

The past 6 months I have got used to running behind oztules adventures and trying to keep up. And as my Mrs says, "Sometimes when someone asks you a technical question, you reply, and within a few minutes there eyes glaze over, TMI" (to much information).

So yes, I will do an Introduction page on the Mrs Web site about the OzInverter.

The OzInverter project has shot off in many directions, like they do, but at present the main Forum and talking shop is the EGS002 topic. http://www.anotherpower.com/board/index.php/topic,1116.msg12233.html?PHPSESSI D=h7jd5l4edljl6k4ls18pgfj4i1#msg12233

The http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/http://www.anotherpower.com/board/index.php?PHPSESSID=h7jd5l4edljl6k4ls18pgfj 4i1&

This Forum. The Back Shed.

And http://www.fieldlines.com/

But some searching will be required, so hence me doing this book and bringing all relevant Information together.

Just a quick look at 'Oztules' jottings alone, gives me nearly 80,000 words. Edited by Clockmanfr 2016-06-06

Clockmanfr

Guru

Posted: 09:56pm 18 Sep 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

https://youtu.be/C3If9sbpdcA

https://youtu.be/C3If9sbpdcA

My eldest boy getting the OzInverter into another media medium.

Shows a OzInverter with PJ boards working, and another recent OzInverter with all its guts coming together.

Edited by Clockmanfr 2016-09-20

arthur8

Posted: 07:40pm 29 May 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Clock,

I've tried to buy your boards over your website but i've got refunded two times.

You can't ship them to Brazil?

Thanks.

Clockmanfr

Guru

Posted: 06:28am 31 May 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi arthur8,

Yes, postal international tracking in Brazil is not functioning in Brazil.

Once the tracked item is in Brazil The Brazilian Post Office does not recognise the rest of the worlds tracking numbers.

I have sent tracking numbered books to Brazil and delivery has taken up to 16 weeks.
And the client in Brazil put a Paypal claim in against me.

I am not a business with these books, but I am not a charity, and certainly I can not afford to loose money with items sent to Brazil.

Sorry.

However, I would be willing to send as a normal Post, and can send you a JPEG of the item being posted at our normal Post Office. But it may take some time to get to you, and I can not give a guarantee that you will actually get it.

arthur8

Posted: 09:00pm 31 May 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Clockmanfr said   Hi arthur8,

Yes, postal international tracking in Brazil is not functioning in Brazil.

Once the tracked item is in Brazil The Brazilian Post Office does not recognise the rest of the worlds tracking numbers.

I have sent tracking numbered books to Brazil and delivery has taken up to 16 weeks.
And the client in Brazil put a Paypal claim in against me.

I am not a business with these books, but I am not a charity, and certainly I can not afford to loose money with items sent to Brazil.

Sorry.

However, I would be willing to send as a normal Post, and can send you a JPEG of the item being posted at our normal Post Office. But it may take some time to get to you, and I can not give a guarantee that you will actually get it.

Hi Clockman,

I'm sorry for this. But there is a lot of honest persons here.

Actually i buy a lot of itens on China and what happens here is bad logistics. I'never lost any package on more than 100 bought products from Ali/eBay. But the delay is real, it takes a lot to arrive.

The problem is that i'm tired to buy inverters from my offgrid system and they blow up sooner or later. Now i want to make my own inverter and i've found your topic (also Madness topic) searching for this on Google. That is why i'm willing to make an ozinverter for myself.

I was talking with Madness over PM to buy some boards and he stopped to respond me since two days ago. He maybe thinks i'm a scammer, too. Now i can understand what is happening.

Again, i'm very sorry for this idiot that make our people looks bad.

I can send any documents you would need and i can pay using any other method you would like. I have an business and very old paypal account, but if you prefer, i can send you money using bitcoins and you can convert them to AUD or USD extremely easily, also, bitcoins are extremely safe and not, in any way, refundable.

Any shipping method for me will work, my only need is a tracking code so i can pay the taxes when it arrives here.

At the moment, i have all the parts here to make my own ozinverter (transformers, the current transformer, about 100 HY4008's and almost everything from what i've read on your topic and Madness topic). I will open a topic so i can ask (and give) help for people that would like to make this inverter at home because i think it is becoming very difficult to make the power board for myself. I already have the control board (kudos to you!), but i can't find the gerbers for the power board anywhere.

If you could maybe sell me just the project, i can ask someone here to print the board for me here. Of course you have your work on this and of course i think is honest to pay you for your invested time.

And, please, don't think we are all like that. There is tons of honest people here.

Thanks. Edited by arthur8 2019-06-02

Madness

Guru

Posted: 10:08pm 31 May 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Aurthur8,

I have replied to the 2 PMs you had sent me previously. It is only just now that I have received the third and fourth PMs where you want to buy the PCBs from me that you say I have ignored.

LadyN

Guru

Posted: 02:34am 01 Jun 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

arthur8,

my personal opinion is that no one has concerns about your intentions or integrity - everyone here does this on their spare time and things can take time to get back to you over PM etc.

That said, if this is your first inverter project, may I suggest building the Warpverter?

Since it looks like you are able to source the transformers easily, the Warpverter might be easier and more robust for you to build.

Clockmanfr, I understand that you are concerned about mailing books to a location where the Post Office does not recognize the your tracking numbers - would you consider emailing him a PDF of the book instead if he paid you as if you sent him a printed copy?

It looks like arthur8 is happy to send you the funds over a non-refundable channel of your choosing and all he needs is evidence of a transaction for his bookkeeping purposes.

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 05:10am 01 Jun 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Arthur8..

Brucedownunder here,Arthur.

My wife is Brasilian, and will be travelling to Belo Horonzie, and Uberaba come August ..

She maybe could carry a couple of PCB,s etc and post them to you from her Mums place.

You arrange to get them to the Gold Coast ,Australia.

Send me a PM some time soon and we'll see if something can be done.

Cheers,

Bruce.

Bushboy

Clockmanfr

Guru

Posted: 06:09am 01 Jun 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Bruce for helping Arthur.

I have had several more enquires from Brazil, but its the paypal, as they are very keen to refund the buyer if the seller has no tracking information.

I will send anywhere in the World, as long as the recipient is willing to not chase me for a repayment within a few weeks.

I also have enquiries' from Russia, but again very difficult.

LadyN, we have already discussed the PDF situation, it may suit you, but absolutely does not help progressing any more documentation of a particular subject.

And as I said before there are some serious fraudsters out there re-hashing others documents and others work and claiming its there's for there own financial profit.
Yes, even saw a TV programme where the bounder claimed that a certain homemade wind turbine was his own design and making. When it was so clearly a Hugh Piggott design he released with a PDF.

Me, I Just build and document, and give my boys a Workshop manual, and in my book I always give credit where credit is due.

Clockmanfr

Guru

Posted: 06:24am 01 Jun 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Arthur,

I am awaiting the new OzInverter Workshop Manuals books, and will put the PAYPAL links up on my various websites within the next 10 days.

If Bruce can not get you some Madness boards. Then I can send to you what you want.

BUT, Please put in the PAYPAL comments/notes section when you purchase through PAYPAL,.....

that you understand that Tracking from EUROPE to BRAZIL does not work in Brazil, and that you are willing to wait for a normal Postal delivery .......

As I said before delivery to the Client in Brazil by normal post takes up to 16 weeks.

My Eldest teenager has just had me in front of a Ozinverter for my French Friend and done a new UTUBE vid. Its a rough video and it was late so my brain is not so active. Play spot the mistakes, got 4 so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s9B3RTF1QA

Edited by Clockmanfr 2019-06-02

arthur8

Posted: 02:06pm 01 Jun 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Madness said   Aurthur8,

I have replied to the 2 PMs you had sent me previously. It is only just now that I have received the third and fourth PMs where you want to buy the PCBs from me that you say I have ignored.

Sure. My mistake, we will keep going on PM. Thanks Mad.

arthur8

Posted: 02:15pm 01 Jun 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

LadyN said   arthur8,

my personal opinion is that no one has concerns about your intentions or integrity - everyone here does this on their spare time and things can take time to get back to you over PM etc.

That said, if this is your first inverter project, may I suggest building the Warpverter?

Since it looks like you are able to source the transformers easily, the Warpverter might be easier and more robust for you to build.

Clockmanfr, I understand that you are concerned about mailing books to a location where the Post Office does not recognize the your tracking numbers - would you consider emailing him a PDF of the book instead if he paid you as if you sent him a printed copy?

It looks like arthur8 is happy to send you the funds over a non-refundable channel of your choosing and all he needs is evidence of a transaction for his bookkeeping purposes.

Hi LadyN. Thanks for your help.

Actually, i have all the parts needed for a ozinverter. At the least, i have the parts to make at least 4 ozinverters with 8 mosfets on each H bridge.

But i've searched about the "Warpverter" and didn't found so much info on it. I love robust circuits, and since my home have a very big energy consumption because of compressors i have on central air conditioning units, etc, i would really love to have something that will give me 15kW peaks happily.

Could you please guide me to find the warpverter project topic? Or there isn't a topic yet?

Very thanks for you kindness, buddy. You guys can be sure i will help others on this forum, like i'm being helped here.Edited by arthur8 2019-06-03

arthur8

Posted: 02:24pm 01 Jun 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

brucedownunder2 said   Arthur8..

Brucedownunder here,Arthur.

My wife is Brasilian, and will be travelling to Belo Horonzie, and Uberaba come August ..

She maybe could carry a couple of PCB,s etc and post them to you from her Mums place.

You arrange to get them to the Gold Coast ,Australia.

Send me a PM some time soon and we'll see if something can be done.

Cheers,

Bruce.

Fantastic, bruce!

I will ask Madness what is the price to send the boards to your place, then your wife could please post on Correios (local post) for me?

That will help me a lot. Brazil customs is slow and this can help me a lot to get the boards fast. I will send you a PM soon.

Again, i don't have words to thank you!

arthur8

Posted: 02:42pm 01 Jun 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Clockmanfr said   Arthur,

I am awaiting the new OzInverter Workshop Manuals books, and will put the PAYPAL links up on my various websites within the next 10 days.

If Bruce can not get you some Madness boards. Then I can send to you what you want.

BUT, Please put in the PAYPAL comments/notes section when you purchase through PAYPAL,.....

that you understand that Tracking from EUROPE to BRAZIL does not work in Brazil, and that you are willing to wait for a normal Postal delivery .......

As I said before delivery to the Client in Brazil by normal post takes up to 16 weeks.

My Eldest teenager has just had me in front of a Ozinverter for my French Friend and done a new UTUBE vid. Its a rough video and it was late so my brain is not so active. Play spot the mistakes, got 4 so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s9B3RTF1QA

Excelent video, clock. My inverter will be something well-made like your is. I just love it.

Let me know when the book is ready for selling so i can take a look.

Thanks!

Warpspeed
Guru

Posted: 10:26pm 03 Jul 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

arthur8 said  

But i've searched about the "Warpverter" and didn't found so much info on it. I love robust circuits, and since my home have a very big energy consumption because of compressors i have on central air conditioning units, etc, i would really love to have something that will give me 15kW peaks happily.

Could you please guide me to find the warpverter project topic? Or there isn't a topic yet?

The information is there, but its rather fragmented between different threads.

There has now been one successfully completed Warpverter project apart from my own, and two more are in in the very final stages of construction.
All are in the 5Kw to 7.5Kw class.

When several independent people have all had success, we can share our experiences and it then becomes a far more mature and well established way to build a high powered inverter.

Like the Oz inverter it will be an evolving process where others contribute to a successful core design, making it much easier for others to follow in our footsteps.
So just be patient for a few more weeks, its definitely coming...
Cheers,  Tony.

Clockmanfr

Guru

Posted: 08:11am 04 Jul 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Warpspeed has very kindly allowed me to publish all his WarpInverter info in my latest 2nd Edition.

please see....... https://levivray.com/new-book--make-a-6kw-inverter.php

Warpspeed has 6 pages with photos and diagrams that explains his WarpInverter, so his Inverter will be on the World wide publish Book data base and libraries.

As promised Tony a book is winging its way to you as we speak, many thanks.

Page 1 of 2    
Print this page
© JAQ Software 2024