Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 17:35 20 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Wanted : F&P computers

simonc3

Posted: 09:19am 01 Aug 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hello

After some F&P computers, in working order.
are they all the same? I want one for a 5.5KG pride washing machine

Thanking you

Simon

FandPwithPVC

Posted: 11:07am 01 Aug 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Simon The part you are referring to is the mother board or main board and there are many different types. The other electronic parts are the keypad and the hall effect sensors. The 5.5 KG pride is 2 models back so it is not that old. They were built with 2 types of boards with the colour of there plastic covers identifying them. What makes you think the board is at fault ? I have about 60 F and Ps in my back yard and sell them once they are reconditioned.Therefore I have a lot of knowledge about how they work and what goes wrong.
For $40 plus postage I can send a board to you .

Regards Dennis L

simonc3

Posted: 11:15am 01 Aug 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

FandPwithPVC said   Hi Simon The part you are referring to is the mother board or main board and there are many different types. The other electronic parts are the keypad and the hall effect sensors. The 5.5 KG pride is 2 models back so it is not that old. They were built with 2 types of boards with the colour of there plastic covers identifying them. What makes you think the board is at fault ? I have about 60 F and Ps in my back yard and sell them once they are reconditioned.Therefore I have a lot of knowledge about how they work and what goes wrong.
For $40 plus postage I can send a board to you .

Regards Dennis L

I'm an aprentice electronics tec and we were testing this one for a fault, it was spinning at full speed when one of the speed buttons were preassed and BANG! (meantime coutomer bought a new unit so this one was going to be scraped) I found there is some sort of small mosfet/voltage reg that has self distructed.

the color of the main board is a yellow and the housing is a blue color if that helps

Thanks

grub

Posted: 10:56pm 02 Aug 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

This module is out of the 2nd generation of Smart Drives and would have a model number something along the lines of GW501-U. If the machine is spinning and the lid is lifted, then the motor becomes a generator and the power is dissapated via the motor controller. The heat generated is absorbed by the aluminium water jacket. If something is faulty then it will fail and it is usually one of the mosfets (attached to the waterjacket). Sometimes all that is needed is to replace the mosfet and you will be up and running again.

simonc3

Posted: 08:36am 03 Aug 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Heres some pics if it helps, motherboard housing is acctualy a gray colour

simonc3

Posted: 11:25am 04 Aug 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Anyone? Pleeese

IF you have one please email me

simonc3 @ hotmail.com

dwyer
Guru

Posted: 12:56pm 04 Aug 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Simons
I may have one and will get back to you in couple of days however what the condition of the board l dont know but will look into it

dwyer

simonc3

Posted: 12:57pm 04 Aug 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

dwyer said   Simons
I may have one and will get back to you in couple of days however what the condition of the board l dont know but will look into it

dwyer

Thanks mate, that would be great! I wanna get it up and running to hear that sweet smartdrive sound!

Bryan1

Guru

Posted: 09:56am 05 Aug 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Simon I have a board here that I got off Dennis and even with the bad light I have I reckon I have that part on this board. Now the question is where abouts in Oz do you live ?. If you happen to live in Adelaide I can de-solder it and drop it into you.

Cheers Bryan

simonc3

Posted: 10:38am 05 Aug 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Bryan1 said   Simon I have a board here that I got off Dennis and even with the bad light I have I reckon I have that part on this board. Now the question is where abouts in Oz do you live ?. If you happen to live in Adelaide I can de-solder it and drop it into you.

Cheers Bryan

Sounds great, don't live in adelaide though, But I'm willing to pay ya $20 for ya troubles with postage ect

simonc3

Posted: 11:40am 11 Aug 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Anyone? I'm wanting to get this machine going

Willing to pay $$ for a computer

Thanks!

oztules

Guru

Posted: 01:19pm 11 Aug 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Simon,
The part that has gone toasty is a hexfet 30v 4.6a surface mount
A IRLL33033 will replace it . Here is the data sheet for it. Yours is a 753XX.
Mine is in the same condition as yours, (but I am not trying to get it going either). Mine is the LL33033 in the same position as yours. Must be interchangeable.

It appears to me that they are using it for the speed control for the H bridge, or at least current limiting for the bridge. Seems a bit low voltage for that application in my estimation. The drive for the bridge goes through that fet.

Hope that helps a bit. Perhaps try any logic n channel power fet you can grab just to test (hexfets tend to have very low Rds on (.03r in this case), so keep that in mind). The pin out is in the data sheet. This technique should allow you to proceed.

..........oztulesEdited by oztules 2008-08-12
Village idiot...or... just another hack out of his depth

simonc3

Posted: 06:58am 30 Aug 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Ah well I still haven't managed to find one :(

If you have one please give us a yell, I'm willing to pay a few dollars for it :)

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024