Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 10:32 29 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Wanted : wanted - used grid interactive inverter

milkwood

Posted: 06:36am 27 Jul 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I am considering connecting a wind turbine (under construction) to the grid but the inverters are so expensive. Hoping to find a cheaper used one. If you can supply one or have any suggestions please reply.
Ronald

RossW
Guru

Posted: 07:52am 27 Jul 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

milkwood said   I am considering connecting a wind turbine (under construction) to the grid but the inverters are so expensive. Hoping to find a cheaper used one. If you can supply one or have any suggestions please reply.

Tell me about it :(
I purchased a generator-interactive 10KVA RAPS unit 2 years ago. While it's a ripper unit, it cost a small fortune.

One of these days, I'll be able to afford some decent batteries to connect to it - but for now I have 8 x 6V/220AH trojans (10 KWH) - which are just too small - but the contractors destroyed the 48 x 2V/300AH glass-mat cells I had for it (30 KWH). Going on my present demand, that would have been pretty close to the mark, I'd be able to go a full day, perhaps two, before I needed power (genset, wind turbine or solar) - at the moment I'm hard pressed to make more than 12 hours. (ok, so I'm trying to keep discharge depth to <30%, maximum 50% overnight)

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024