Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 00:45 30 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Wanted : Wanted a LG large LG motor

VK4AYQ
Guru

Posted: 02:08pm 20 Apr 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi All

I have a LG motor to convert to a generator but want to go twin rotor so need another one and any advice from anyone that has done or is doing one.

All the best

Bob
Foolin Around

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 08:26pm 20 Apr 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Bob .

I have a couple of the large models and have stripped the magnets from one of the rotors. I'm very busy doing "other" things ,like you. I'm going to fit small neo magnets ,having done this to the F&P some years back ,it's the way to go ,IMHO. I reckon it improves the o/p by up to 30 or more percent.
Another point is the added magnetic force assists in shut down to a point where the mill just revolves slowly ,even in strong wind.

The shaft is bigger than the F&P along with larger bearings, .

Sorry that I can't let you have mine ,but these units are coming on the tips and whitgoods repairers now as they are around 10 years old now.. Best of luck

Bruce
Bushboy

VK4AYQ
Guru

Posted: 11:59pm 20 Apr 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Bruce

Thanks for the advice mate could you please give me the magnet details so I can go this way if I can get another motor, I live in the bush a bit and there isn't much opportunity to get around the various supply, tips and repairers due to looking after aged mother as carer.
I feel they are worth the work to upgrade as the unit is very robust, am looking for magnets for a F&P also as it is a work in progress, twin rotor.

All the best

Bob
Foolin Around

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024