Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 22:14 29 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Wanted : pulley blocks

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 01:42am 13 May 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi, anyone out there had 1,2 or 3 sheave pulley blocks in the 3 inch (75m) sheave range .. They seem to befairly scarce these days ,I don't mind if they are rusty or very dirty,,I'll clean them up and cold gal them.

I'll pay for your efforts if you have anything for sale.

Thanks

Bruce
Bushboy

VK4AYQ
Guru

Posted: 03:45am 13 May 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Bruce

I have a set I would lend you if you want to use for a while, don't want to sell as they are hard to get as you mentioned.

All the best

Bob
Foolin Around

dwyer
Guru

Posted: 08:35am 13 May 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

hi Bruce
I have one pully block with hook but old and working order need clean up just let me know as l don't use it many more but is somewhere hiding in my shed ?

Dwyer

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 08:54am 13 May 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks vk4 and Dyer,

Just waved Ilda farewell in ambulance, she's a bit crook , the hospital wll look after her ,I'm sure.

Thanks for the response, I'll take you up on yours Dyer ,,a bit messy borroeing stuff vk4 ,if you know what i mean ,but meny thanks anyhow,,,

Ilda's down in the pindara private hosp. so will hopefully bring her home tomorrow, the osteroposis(can't spell) medication really rocked her.

Cheers

Bruce
Bushboy

dwyer
Guru

Posted: 02:01pm 13 May 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Bruce
Sorry to hear that your wife Ilda fell sick as l am sure that Pindara Hospital and medical staff will look after her well and I hope that Ilda will make speedy recover as my Mum has been there before after she had a fall. Don't let youself down Bruce as Ilda will be fine Regard from Ian and my little boy Leon

Dwyer

GWatPE

Posted: 02:13pm 13 May 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Bruce,

sorry to hear Ilda is having some trouble with the medication. Say Hi and get well from Me.

On the matter of pulleys. I use the 50mm nylon pulley type, SSteel frame, roller bearing types, as used on sailing boats, on the main sheet. These are good for probably 1000kg. I use 10mm spectra, with a double, and tripple block to raise my tower. These are not that expensive, and run free. If you use wire rope, then these are not much good, but I find that spectra is much easier to handle and will work with the smaller pulleys.

Gordon.

become more energy aware

dwyer
Guru

Posted: 11:33am 17 May 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Bruce Did you recieved my e-mail this morning?

I just found out tonight that l was unable to Image Upload on private message this morning. Maybe get Gimzo look into it .
Kind regard Ian

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 09:53pm 17 May 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Yes Thanks Ian , received your message .

It's a bit large for what I want,thanks.

I'll buy a couple from the rigging shop that services the trawler fleet down this way ,,around $45 each for small 60mm sheave types.

Thanks Mate.

Bruce.
Bushboy

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024