Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 23:29 24 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Wanted : F&P smartdrive gen 2 wanted

ajcmbrown

Posted: 01:54am 27 May 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi all, Noob here, I am wanting to build my first wind generator with the help of the info in this site, I am not looking to replace my power bills or reinvent the wheel, I just have a fascination with wind power and would like to use my limited knowledge (and utilize the collective knowledge here of course) to get the ball rolling.
If anyone has a pair of preferably 80 series F&P's they want to sell, please let me know, I am located in Michelago NSW, and even though our average wind speeds are quite low, I am keen to get started.

ajcmbrown

Posted: 09:22am 29 May 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Anyone?

shawn

Posted: 06:28pm 29 May 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

If you were over here I could help but the cost of shipping have you tried washing repair shops? and the good old dump?

ajcmbrown

Posted: 08:55pm 29 May 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Shawn, I will try the repair shops, thanks for the tip.
I was hoping to support the members of this group in some small way as I thought there would have been a number of people on this forum that would have one or two that they would like to convert to cash, but I'm happy to dismantle a washing machine or two.
Regards, Tony

shawn

Posted: 10:19am 30 May 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Be careful the missis gets a little cranky when old washing machines start laying around they make a terrible mess of the lawn after a few years!!

ajcmbrown

Posted: 11:36am 30 May 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I am sure I can find a place to hide them, we are on 110 acres so that shouldn't be a problem......for a while.
Maybe they will be good for "erosion control" in one of my gullies.

grub

Posted: 09:44pm 30 May 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Carefully with the "erosion control". Greenies with too much time on their hands scour satellite photos looking for such "pollution" and when they find, they sic the EPA onto you. I have heard of farmers having to "clean out" gullies to protect the environment and then playing huge fines for the privilege.

ajcmbrown

Posted: 09:19am 31 May 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Grub, I was only kidding about the erosion control, especially since I have exactly that problem with my neighbour who does just that. Every time we get a decent deluge, all his crap washes onto my place and into my dams.
Do the Greenies really do that? They must have way too much time on their hands if you ask me.
They are most likely the same ones who complain that wind turbines make too much noise!

Barry T Coles

Posted: 11:11pm 31 May 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Tony
Another place you can try is the Electrical retailers.
Over here WA you can pick them up for zipp when the retailers do a trade in your old one type deal, they dont do anything with the old ones they get chucked at the recyclers.

Cheers
Barry
I need to learn from the mistakes of others.
I dont have the time to make them all myself.

martinjsto

Posted: 05:36am 10 Jun 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi, are you still looking for the smart drive motors. i have quite a few 60's and 80's series that are left over. i live in WA so postage will be a few dollars (i think last one i sent to QLD was about $45, you can have them for $20 each plus postage if you are interested. email me at... m_stone1@optusnet.com.au
thanks
martin
free power for all
McAlinden WA

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024