Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 11:26 19 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Wanted : Magnets

AMACK

Posted: 10:57am 29 May 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I am looking for 24 or 25 N50M disk magnets 50mm diameter X 12.5mm thick...magnatised through thickness or N48H same size.

If some one has any that are 15mm thick that would work too.

If some one has a few stacked away and has not intention of using let me know and I would like to takl to you..

AMACK

*Note to self

1. Make it thick

2.Make it heavy.

3.Make it stronger than it should be.

4. Don't rush the first job as the second job will cost more and take mor

shawn

Posted: 06:39pm 29 May 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Gee these are really getting expensive have you given any thought to making a big ceramic mag gen ? we had a thread on it and it can be done with respectable power output. with current neo prices we are going to see plenty getting built i think Hugh has mentioned adding a ceramic mill to his new book.

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 10:58pm 29 May 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Yes, I agree with the ceremic magnet idea..

I wandered around the whitegoods area at the tip some time ago .. Heaps of microwave ovens for the taking .tell the tippie u just want the magnets and promise to return the rest of the microwave.You might get away with it .. These have 2 X 50mm odd X 12mm thick circular magnets and are very easy to remove . keep a couple of the transformers while you are at it... 3 or 5 trips to the tip and you'll have plenty for your project..

Bruce
Bushboy

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024