Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 10:52 19 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Wanted : rf relay

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 12:19pm 09 Aug 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Crew,

Anyone out there some coaxial relays in their old time junkbox ???

I'm after a multi coaxial switch ,motorised if possible .. Haha, now thats got yer thinkin caps on ,hey?

Lol,, those were the days when army disposals and telecom sifting rooms were around??

Thanks.. it's for switching a couple of different antennas I have ..

Bruce.
Bushboy

Downwind

Guru

Posted: 11:39pm 09 Aug 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Bruce,

Can you tell me what a coaxial relay is and what is special about it.

At the end of the day a relay is only a coil the activates a set of contacts, so im curious what a coaxial relay really is.

Also what coil voltage do you require.

Pete.
Sometimes it just works

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 01:16pm 10 Aug 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

OK,, this type of "relay" is similar to your most common relays ,except that it's purpose is to switch from one coaxial center conductor to an adjacent coaxial center conductor, A coaxial cable most commonly has an outer ,called the shield, and a center conductor ,which carries the signal.

If we have two antennas, and want to use only one at a time then we still require seperate coaxial feeds . This is where the coaxial switch plays it's part ,,switching the signal to either one or the other.

All voltages are used for the relay coil .

Bruce
Bushboy

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024