Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 02:53 24 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Wanted : 3 or 4 sided steel towers with wide base

ericvr

Posted: 02:54am 13 Jan 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi,
We are looking for a steel tower of between 10 and 15 meters tall, preferably one of the types that does not need guy wires and that has a wide base so it is self supporting, the base would be about 3 or 4 meters wide and the base is usually mounted in three or four concrete footings.
But one with guy wires would be acceptable also, like one of the ones the railways use for their antennas, they come in sections.
We are located in Melbourne but the final location is in Dereel near Ballarat.
The reason is that there are many trees around and we want to go up over the top of them to catch the wind.

I can be contacted via email on eric_vanrhijn@hotmail.com

Thanks

Ericvr

limited greenie

dwyer
Guru

Posted: 06:24am 13 Jan 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

hi
Have you ever throught about using tapper power pole that use lighting on motor freeway ??

Dwyer the bushman

ericvr

Posted: 12:08pm 13 Jan 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Yes, but I think that they may not be strong enough to support the 1 KW wind generator. Also they may need a much larger base than a 3 or 4 sided tower, there is also the means of securing them to the concrete base.
there is also the erection of the pole whereas with a three or four sided tower you can put it up piece by piece and you can put up a working platform to perform maintenance on the generating head.

Thanks and I will look into this a bit further and let everyone know which way we will proceed.

Regards

Ericvr
limited greenie

AMUN-RA

Posted: 10:11pm 14 Jan 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

ericvr if you drive from melb to ballarat the first melton gisbon turnoff sign about 1klm back there is a windmill tower in the paddock on the left hand side with a broken mill maybe worth a look as it will probably never be repaired wont take much to find the owner and ask????????? worth a try.
Mick
Every day the sun shines
& gravity sucks= free energy.

ericvr

Posted: 10:25pm 14 Jan 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Mick,

Thanks for that, I will let my brother in law know and he can take it from there .

Regards

Eric

limited greenie

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024