Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 14:54 19 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Solar : Grid connected inverter off grid

Page 11 of 11    
renewableMark

Guru

Posted: 08:42am 21 Jan 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have seen a few that would make it worth it.
Cheers Caveman Mark
Off grid eastern Melb

renewableMark

Guru

Posted: 07:36am 23 Jan 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Madness said   This is what I have.

The link you included has a very basic iron by the look of it, the SMB hot air rework station is great if you are doing a lot of surface mount stuff but chances are it would collect dust and not much more.

Tinker the link I posted is just flux not solder paste.

That link doesn't work, is this clone ok?
Cheers Caveman Mark
Off grid eastern Melb

Madness

Guru

Posted: 08:00am 23 Jan 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Yeah thats it, I would get spare tips and a couple spare elements while you are at it. The tips you will need so you have a range of sizes, best to have spare elements on hand because if you don't it will fail when you need it most, they cost next to nothing anyway.
There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Boppa
Guru

Posted: 10:26am 23 Jan 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

They are a good little unit, I bought a second replacement handpiece as well, its got a bigger chisel bit in it, and the one that came ith it has a much smaller tip for surface mount stuff- I found it meant swapping tips for soldering wires etc, and after burning myself a couple of times, I got the replacement handle for about $7 off alibaba, now I just swap irons instead

Page 11 of 11    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024