Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 21:39 17 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : Inverter PCB’s

Page 3 of 29    
RFburns

Posted: 09:02pm 24 Mar 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

GTI regulator x2 for me
Strong like horse smart like tractor!

Madness

Guru

Posted: 10:27pm 24 Mar 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

That's 19 (or so) regulators.
There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Boppa
Guru

Posted: 11:20pm 24 Mar 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I'll add 2 gti regs to go with the powerboards Madness

how many people are near you Madness, i'm in Western Bris, if there are enough between you and nth nsw (Ballina) it might be worthwhile me just driving up and picking them up in person and dropping them off along the way? (I do regular trips down as far as Ballina from Ipswich way about once a month)

Madness

Guru

Posted: 12:02am 25 Mar 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Here is the 2 Channel Fan Controller 50 X 50MM PCB. $4 each

Sensors are 10K NTC Thermistors my inverter case is split in 2 so one side is for all the electronics and the other for the transformer. There is a temperature setting and ramp to set how rapidly the speed increases with temperature. Any N channel MOSFET will work, I use HY4008s that still work from a failed power board. You will need heatsinks and it will need insulation if common to both FETs.

Parts are

1 X LM339 & Socket
2 X N Channel MOSFETs
2 X 3.3 V Zenere Diodes
4 X 50K Trim Pots

RESISTORS
6 X 10K 0.5W
2 X 47K 0.5W
2 X 56R 3.5W

1 X 104 Monolithic Cap
1 X 2 pole Screw Connector 5.08mm
2.54mm male pin header strip strip
1 12V power supply Like this.
There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Madness

Guru

Posted: 12:03am 25 Mar 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Boppa said   I'll add 2 gti regs to go with the powerboards Madness

how many people are near you Madness, i'm in Western Bris, if there are enough between you and nth nsw (Ballina) it might be worthwhile me just driving up and picking them up in person and dropping them off along the way? (I do regular trips down as far as Ballina from Ipswich way about once a month)

I am at Forest Glen on the Sunshine Coast just 1 minute off the Bruce Highway. Visitors are welcome if anyone is passing through this way if a suitable time can be arranged in advance.

Forgot to say fan controller can be used for cooling anything, I use it for my GTI's also, instead of getting to 55 degrees and reducing output the GTI stays under 40 always.

Thanks to Klaus AKA Tinker who sent me circuit for low voltage shut down on the control board. I have decided to add an Arduino Nano instead as it will allow better control with time below the set voltage rather than turning off with a brief dip below the set voltage. Also I will include optional auto restart after a delay of say 10 minutes. This would be preferable for unattended use so your fridge etc would still run if voltage recovers when the sun comes out.

Is there any other suggestions to make further use of the Nano.Edited by Madness 2018-03-26

gpalterpower

Posted: 04:31am 25 Mar 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

HI Madness,

Im interested in purchasing a couple of these boards. Are they are the same or similar ones in your thread back in September last year," MAD/OZ AC/DC Charge Controller".

At present I have 4 individual, 24v/60A Chinese controllers, The're working, buuuut, I've had no end of trouble with and expect more issues in the future. So far 2 brand new dead ones out of the box and no help with refunds! Never again!! I also have a High Frequency GTI 2.3kw which I can manually connect to my mini grid when I have low power from the controllers.

Can they both feed into these boards at the same time or do I need seperate boards for each power input?

Marcus
if it aint broke dont fix it!!

Madness

Guru

Posted: 05:06am 25 Mar 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Marcus,

Yes you are talking about the same controller and yes it will control both the GTI and the LV DC to DC panels. So you could leave the GTI on all the time, I am running a 5KW GTI with 7KW of panels through the same controller now. Open circuit Voltage is just over 500V, normally runs at around 400V.

There a few extras I want to add as well for controlling vent fans, hot water heating and Air Conditioning. With extra panels I have added recently there is even more power to spare and even on quite overcast days the battery is getting fully charged and there is some power left over to heat the hot water.

Madness

Guru

Posted: 05:07am 25 Mar 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

renewableMark said  
  Madness said   Bored maybe.

Try one of these

or these

Thats just a tease Mark, like people who have bought those chinese inverters, the inverter turns up there is no bikini girls with it.

johnmc

Posted: 07:50am 25 Mar 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Good Day Madness,
Put me down for 10, 2 Channel Fan Controller 50 X 50MM PCB.

Cheers john
johnmc

gpalterpower

Posted: 08:16am 25 Mar 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Awesome.... Thanks Madness. can you put me down for 2 and 2 of the fan controllers please.

Marcus
if it aint broke dont fix it!!

Mulver

Posted: 08:33am 25 Mar 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Put me down for 4 fan controllers to please this is my kind of shopping.

Madness

Guru

Posted: 09:49am 25 Mar 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Here is a photo of the GTI regulator in operation, I did not have a battery temperature sensor connected at the time this was taken. It has temperature compensation included, regulation could be easily changed for various types of batteries. 3 X 15mm Copper bar on the left is connected panels DC to DC with PWM regulation. Right side is the high voltage DC regulation going to the GTI.

And another with the Arduino removed.

the red circle is around the isolated supply which is crucial for maintaining isolation from ground for the panels connected to a HF GTI.

Edited by Madness 2018-03-26

yahoo2

Guru

Posted: 10:22am 25 Mar 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Madness said   Yes I was thinking about that, actually, the GTI regulator is running really well since I divided the Drains for the 2 MPPT Channels. All need to do is split the pads on the PCB, very simple fix. Anyone other interested? $8 a piece.

6 DC regulators and 8 fan controllers thanks.

I'm sorry i wasn't able to give you a hand to sort the kinks out on the regulator, things have been a bit hectic here in the last few months.
I'm confused, no wait... maybe I'm not...

Ralph2k6

Posted: 11:12am 25 Mar 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Wow, such rapid expansion on the original thread. Impressive
Please pencil me in for 2 of DC regulator and 4 of thermal board too.

Ralph

Madness

Guru

Posted: 11:16am 25 Mar 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thats no problem Yahoo, turns out the change needed was staring me in the face all along. The first Bodgie version I built had the drains separated and it never caused any problem. In the end I went looking for what was different between them. It was just a guess on the first one that they should be separated, luckily I did that or I might still be turning on dump loads to regulate the GTI.

I don't know why it makes a difference must be something coming back from the GTI that caused the MOSFETs to short. They only failed when they started regulating one FET would short then there was no regulation just on hard all the time.

Anyhow as soon as I cut the track on the PCB to separate the drains it has worked perfectly ever since. Must be at least 4 months like that now, most days the regulation comes into operation, hardly even think to look at anymore, just keeps doing what is supposed to.

Madness

Guru

Posted: 11:30am 25 Mar 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Ralph2k6 said   Wow, such rapid expansion on the original thread. Impressive
Please pencil me in for 2 of DC regulator and 4 of thermal board too.

Been thinking about selling kits but have shelved that idea for now.

Revlac

Guru

Posted: 11:55am 25 Mar 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Correct me if I'm wrong. (cut the track on the PCB to separate the drains)
On a GTI with single MPPT input, May have been fine with or without the track connected?
On the GTI with 2 MPPT inputs obviously separate drains are working well.

My point is. A GTI with 3 MPPT inputs? If someone has one.?

Just thinking.

Cheers
Aaron

Cheers Aaron
Off The Grid

Madness

Guru

Posted: 10:03pm 25 Mar 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I am using GTI's with 2 MPPT inputs, a single is not affected. It may well be other types than the Zeversolar may not have any issue with this at all.

Don't know about 3 or more MPPT inputs, I have a couple Aurora ABB GTIs that have 4 sets of inputs but that is 2 combined to each of the MPPT inputs. It also has the ability to parallel all the inputs to make it one big single MPPT.

I have decided to stay with the Zeversolar/Eversolar GTI's as they work very well for me and I have setup online monitoring and am just about to add an energy meter with RS484 that communicates with the GTI's and I can set a limit to how much power they will export to the off-gid inverter. This puts a cap on what the OGI will have to convert back to DC but still allow the GTI's to run up to full power with loads on my grid.

A few weeks ago I bought another 6 KW of panels so eventually, I will have 11KW of panels connected via 2 GTI's. May sound like over kill but I am aiming to have enough solar power when the sun is shining brightly.

yahoo2

Guru

Posted: 11:05pm 25 Mar 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Madness said   May sound like over kill but I am aiming to have enough solar power when the sun is shining brightly.

I cant really criticize you for that, I have one of Dacian's digital solar-thermal boards on order, fully populated that will be 14kw. It is massively oversized batteries that make me twitchy.

I'm confused, no wait... maybe I'm not...

Madness

Guru

Posted: 11:34pm 25 Mar 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Oops, that should have said when the sun is not shining brightly.

Page 3 of 29    
Print this page
© JAQ Software 2024