Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 20:57 25 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : Random Unexplained Inverter Failures

Page 11 of 11    
analog8484

Posted: 06:07pm 20 Nov 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

wiseguy said  
  analog8484 said  
Yes, it looks that way.  Definitely a design compromise.  Are you aware of a high frequency inverter with more robust design?

My only experience with HF inverters are limited to Xantrex and Meanwell.
Meanwell is one of the better Asian manufacturer & suppliers of inverters and they do stand behind their warranties.

Xantrex have a very good name and are a bit more expensive usually than the rest. I would probably go Xantrex for best reliability and support.

I would not be scared off though just by the origins of Meawell either, if they have a similar unit at half the price it all depends on how you trade off reliability and inconvenience if it fails against purchase price etc.

Others may have different or more recent & relevant opinions too - my first hand experience is now 5+ years out of date.

Yeah, I am aware of Xantrex has decent customer service but it seems their inverter quality has deteriorated in recent years.  More importantly I've seen consistent complaints that their inverters can't deliver the rated power for long.  So, hard to see paying premium for that.

I am also familiar with Mean Well power supplies which are great.  I had no idea they make inverters.  Apparently great ones at that.  I found this video that makes me want to get one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6492U5rDCp8

I can't really find complaints about their reliability or power.  It's surprising not more people talk about them.  It does have premium pricing but looks worthwhile given the reliability. The major question I have is their customer support capability in the US but perhaps it's not a real issue given their inverters don't fail that much.
Edited 2021-11-21 04:12 by analog8484

Page 11 of 11    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024