Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 18:10 19 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Other Stuff : brexit, brexit, brexit,

Page 2 of 3    
CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 08:47am 26 Apr 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The frankly, ridiculous state of UK politics might have a bearing on this...

Brits do give a castlemaine four X apparrently

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/04/19/biggest_boozers_consumption/

isochronic
Guru

Posted: 02:57am 20 May 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Well in Aus as we have just had an election I think we have gone past brexitosis, and the political process has gone into Elvis mode - it has apparently left the building !!!!

There seem to be three laws of Canberradynamics :

1) Democratic Government is best implemented by facilitating the free market.
2) The free market will adjust the economy to match demand ie public opinion.
3) Opinion polls have no basis in reality.

Either that, or the "Canberra bubble" has left the planet (again)

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 03:07am 20 May 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Dont get me started on the latest election in Australia!!!!!!!

So to keep the forum mostly politics free, I'll just shut up now. Good news, it costs less than you think to move to New Zealand. Look out Grogster.
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 07:27am 20 May 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

not for us Brits sadly

Every other country has bits I don't like - if I was up to moving to another part of the planet it would have to tick almost all my boxes. What I need is a Build-a-Bear Workshop but for countries... that would be really great if you could sort that out for me.

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 08:52am 20 May 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Gizmo said   Dont get me started on the latest election in Australia!!!!!!!

So to keep the forum mostly politics free, I'll just shut up now. Good news, it costs less than you think to move to New Zealand. Look out Grogster.

START OF RANT:
Well, that might not be a good thing....
Since the Christchurch shooting, our PM has been in full-on-censorship mode.
She's banned the guns, and now with the 'Christchurch Call' she wants to censor what people are allowed to say and post on-line.....and has the support of the major social media companies such as Facebook etc.

You don't have to LIKE what someone says, but they should still have the right to say it. Remember the term: "Agree to disagree"? Now, if you disagree with the agenda, you are HUNTED DOWN and DESTROYED. ......for having a different opinion.

I know, I know - the Christchurch Call is only about streaming terrorist content - for now. But how long till they decide that anyone who disagrees with the state, is 'Hate speech', and then censors YOU under the same laws. For no other reason then that you disagree with the state. It IS a fine line, I agree. But "Hate speech" or "Offensive" is purely subjective, and the more power you give to Government, the more they will wield that to silence what you want to say.

I don't want to get political, but then, Gizmo has allowed this thread.....
I should also point out that that nutter who did Christchurch DID ACTUALLY SAY that this is exactly what would happen - and it has. The Governments are playing right into his hand, and I am amazed that they can't see it.

Look at America - they are now ACTIVELY looking at how they can simply exclude Trump from the ballot papers - weather that be legal or not. Love him or hate him, EXCLUDING him is not right. The people should still have the freedom to vote for whoever they want. For the last 2.5 years, the American Democrats have been in MELTDOWN over the whole Russian collusion thing - which has proven to be nonsense via the Muller report. So now.....'sod the truth, lets just rig the election in 2020 so people can't vote for Trump again'. I worry about the future.
END OF RANT.
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 10:38am 20 May 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

can't really fault your rant... freedom of speach is all we have and if you don't like what you hear, debate it and attempt to overturn the other side's view, or leave.

Even idiots like Griffin should not be de-platformed... people condemn themselves from their own mouths, they don't need others to do it for them. It just pushes it underground.

*really* my last 2pEdited by CaptainBoing 2019-05-21

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 11:19pm 20 May 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The only thing I say about freedom of speech is it shouldn't be free of consequence. Yes, you're free to call your boss a w#$%er, but he is then free to fire you.

Gizmo's finger heads for the Delete Thread button, hovers there for a moment, then slowly backs away.
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

BenandAmber
Guru

Posted: 02:10am 21 May 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Grogster
I share your concern we may be a lot more like than we are different after all

I've been around long enough now to have a lot of respect for you

I truly am sorry if I ever offended you in the past

And I 100% agree with everything you said

More people just like you need to get upset and that's how we put a stop to this

when horrible things happen people give up their rights willingly even asked for them to be taken away

Or at least that's the way it seems here anywayEdited by BenandAmber 2019-05-22
be warned i am good parrot but Dumber than a box of rocks

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 07:18am 21 May 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Offended me?!
When did you ever offend me?
You never did that I can recall. Hugs....

Its really interesting for me, being what was traditionally a Democrat, to see how bad things have become. I am trying to choose the right words here, as I know Gizmo's finger is hovering....

I truly believe that ALL should be able to voice their concerns - left and right. But these days, as people tend to lean more right then left, the left have started doing.....odd things. People in England who simply want to challenge the status quo are being attacked and are having milkshakes tipped on them/thrown at them - and then there are the rock and brick throwing crowd.

This is wrong. Just wrong. And that the police and authorities just turn a blind-eye to those doing the attacking.....this does not bode well, and it can't end in much less then a civil war in both America and England when the people reach their breaking point. Traditional western society is being eroded by Governments that refuse to see the real problem - or simply wish to appease those that are creating the problem in the name of inclusivity, rather then arresting them and prosecuting them as they would have done in the past.

No matter WHAT culture or religion. It's like they are desperate to NOT offend ANYONE - EVER. And that breeds contempt and corruption, as no action is being taken against wrong-doing from a legal point of view. In fact, the police are HELPING the situation, because they have been instructed by the higher-ups to not rock the boat - even when it is quite obvious who is causing the problems.

I wonder how much longer the planet has sometimes......

BenandAmber
Guru

Posted: 05:15am 22 May 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Maybe Gizmo feels the same

I look around and all I see is bad for the future for my kids

In the future I don't think anybody's going to be allowed to have a different View

I just watched a video on YouTube and all the news channels across the United States

saying the exact same thing word for word on their main intro

And other parts of the news

How's this possible if they're not all linked and have the same script

After that I watched a video of different Prime Ministers saying exact same thing word for word

They're talking about doing away with every driver job with driverless vehicles

Well at least all those truck drivers can flop Whoppers right nope

not even that doing away with all those jobs also automating them

The list goes on and on and they say were very close to this

So I am very concerned in more than one wayEdited by BenandAmber 2019-05-23
be warned i am good parrot but Dumber than a box of rocks

zeitfest
Guru

Posted: 03:40am 13 Sep 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Maybe a cryptocurrency would solve some of it...Northern Ireland could have a new virtual currency, and the transaction-dependent tariffs/duties etc would be applied in software, with currency exchange tightly controlled. I can't see the Irish taking kindly to it though.

Warpspeed
Guru

Posted: 08:04am 13 Sep 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Tightly controlled by who exactly ?

Only way to fix the financial system is to back all currency one hundred percent by precious metals. Sure you can have one bitcoin worth 100,000 dollars, but you MUST e able to swap it on demand for an equivalent amount of gold, or your bitcoin is not worth a damn.
Cheers,  Tony.

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 08:35am 13 Sep 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Grogster said  

Look at America - they are now ACTIVELY looking at how they can simply exclude Trump from the ballot papers - weather that be legal or not.  Love him or hate him, EXCLUDING him is not right.  The people should still have the freedom to vote for whoever they want.  For the last 2.5 years, the American Democrats have been in MELTDOWN over the whole Russian collusion thing - which has proven to be nonsense via the Muller report.  So now.....'sod the truth, lets just rig the election in 2020 so people can't vote for Trump again'.  I worry about the future.
END OF RANT.

Just saw this post but I have seen what is being described many times before and it's not just political in being a trump thing, seems to be the way of the whingers who don't get their way with anything now.

Only one way to think and that is the way the Vocal minority Do gooders want to ALLOW you to think.

I got kicked off a forum recently for being "Political" the thread was about the UK going for so many days without using FF power. They had a big blackout and I posted links to that to show it fell on it's face and that's what i got booted for.

Only one way to think and if you post the worst, most offensive contradiction of all, FACTS they can't argue with..... Have to shut you up somehow!!

The thing that gets me with the Unpopular president is that he is there because more people wanted him than did not.  Why the loosers can't accept that, I don't know. If the tables were turned and the same thing was tried on,  people would be locked up.... as they should have been this way round.

I also think Goldilocks will do BETTER this time round because people with a sense of fairness and right and wrong will also be sick of the spoiled children that have been sooking the whole time that didn't get their way and want to stop that becoming a way of life in every day things.  

We already have Kids getting a trophy for coming 35th and endless other Mollycoddling that is just paving the way for a society of Pussy's.  I already see that enough in forums now where people have a dummy spit and get all upset over the slightest unwanted truth.  I'm not that old but jeez I rather have the old school  of hard knocks than the candy arsed pansys the world seems so Hell bent on creating now.

My friends thankfully tell me things like they are and I do the same. I would Never say a thing when someone is not that that I haven't said to them. Been a few times friends have heard things from other people and they always heard them from me first and I think that's something we all value.

People tell me things that are frequently not complimentary but they are the truth.  I may not like them but THE worst thing I could imagine is them blowing sunshine and rainbows up my nether regions instead of telling it like it is.
I know I have a LOT of failings but when they give me a slap aside the head and wake me up or even just remind me of what I know, I can at least try to improve myself.

The thought of people telling me everything is fine and I'm great then talking about me behind my back is about the worst thing I can Imagine. If they are going to talk among themselves saying I'm whatever, at least tell me to my face what you are going to say when I'm not there.

Geez it will be fun when Goldilocks gets in bigger and better than ever.
The Sugar plum fairy's  are going to go ballistic.
Edited 2019-09-13 18:37 by Davo99

Warpspeed
Guru

Posted: 07:11pm 13 Sep 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I honestly cannot see any of this ever being fixable.

There are two very fundamental problems, endemic corruption at every level of society, and widespread and growing mental illness.

On top of that, we have a financial system that is headed for certain total collapse.

There are a lot of very powerful people that would rather see the entire globe a glowing radioactive ruin than spend a day in prison themselves.

We certainly live in interesting times.
Cheers,  Tony.

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 11:34pm 13 Sep 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Warpspeed said  

We certainly live in interesting times.

Myself I think they are very scary times.
There are several things with the way of the world now that worry me greatly. I think people have always worried and thought the world was going to hell in a hand basket but I don't think the threats have ever been the same or more serious.  

I certainly agree the super wealthy seem unconcerned about taking the world down a road of  complete and utter implosion. There are so many problems Joe Blow can see clearly let alone what those with real insight and people to do their thinking for them must be aware of.

I don't think the world population has ever been played for bigger suckers and puppets in so many ways. I think the level of communication we have now fosters that. What not so long ago took a Million dollar Broadcast truck full of gear can now be outdone by a hand held Phone. Social Media can influence Millions in hours with fact or fabricated Fiction that suits the agenda's of Corporates and gubbermints whatever they are.

So much the sheeple are fed is nothing but a distraction for how we are all being played and the treacherous mis management of our leaders and the Big Biz that controls the world now.

Every game has to have an end point and that's going to be a very scary proposition no one will be able to avoid on this one.

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 12:48am 15 Sep 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I find "The Squad" to be hard work.  Some of the things they are pushing for are just plain insanity.  So much so, that I hear many, many Democrat supporters are even backing away from their nonsense now, cos they have gone SO FAR left that not even traditional leftists support their insane views of how the world should work.

As I say - I used to be Democrat supporting, but seeing how they all reacted after 2016....what a bunch of entitled babies.  I lost all respect for them at that point, and became right-leaning.

Trump is 100% correct to irritate those four whenever he can, cos whenever they make a statement of outrage over something he tweeted or said, they just look more and more nuts to most voters.  That can only help him in 2020.

I don't like Trump that much.  He IS arrogant and full of himself, but at the end of the day, he is getting results!  It's the results that matter, but the far-left and extreme-left democrats and leftist media are ALL now totally infested with Trump derangement syndrome.

Yes - you actually now have a Wikipedia page for that term......

The ideas in the Green New Deal are nice, but they are totally impractical and financially impossible.  It would bankrupt the entire country to do it.  How is that a good thing?(rhetorical)

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 10:48am 15 Sep 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Grogster said  I find "The Squad" to be hard work.  

I came across that term only a few weeks ago and looked up what it was than what they
stand for and their policy's.
I find it quite incomprehensible grown adults would think like they do. It's like they are purposefully trying to be laughably ridiculous.

Quote  I don't like Trump that much.  He IS arrogant and full of himself, but at the end of the day, he is getting results!

Look at it the other way round, would you prefer to have pollies that are wimps and get nothing done.... like the mob we have here in oz?

There is a very fine line between confidence and arrogance and it's perception.
Personally, I have never liked any pollie so I may as well dislike one that's doing a good job as dislike one that's just screwing the place even more!  :0)
That seems to be a real thing with Goldilocks.  People seem to actually invent a lot of untruths about him seemingly so they have something to whine about yet ignore all the real, measured indicators that he is doing the US a lot of good.

He may be a lot of things but from what I have looked into beyond the Hype, the measured indicators all point in the right direction from what he is doing so if he is making  things better for the people in the US, Why hate him so much?
Seems like it's just become a trendy thing to do for people to take out their frustrations with their own lack of personal achievement and lot in life more than anything else.  

Quote  The ideas in the Green New Deal are nice, but they are totally impractical and financially impossible.  It would bankrupt the entire country to do it.  How is that a good thing?(rhetorical)

I think in many cases they would bankrupt the world!

A lot of these ideals and Policy's are very easy to analyse and see they just don't add up and are mere hot air rather that practical solutions.
The problem I see with the green ideal is they are completely unsatisfied with the idea of " Lets improve things where we can and keep improving them as technology and progress allows"
They want it all yesterday and screw the practicality of the idea in any way. We have to have this pie in the sky  ideas done yesterday or we are going to Glue ourselves to the road.

I think it undermines their cause and because they have the all and nothing less approach, there is NO improvement  at all because they are not satisfied with anything other than their lofty, Impractical ideals.

I think there are a lot of things that could be put into place quickly, easily and cost free but because it does not meet the 100% goal, they stop improvements that could be made while working towards the ultimate goal.

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 10:09pm 15 Sep 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Ann excellent post, Davo99.  

Yes, the leftist media just HATE Trump SO MUCH, that they don't actually care if he does anything good, so long as they can rag on him.

As I said: I don't exactly like the guy that much myself, but Trump could achieve world-peace, and all they would do is moan about how he did not do it sooner.      

If you are at all interested in this stuff and want some neutral-ish reporting, look up Tim Pool on YouTube.  He's kinda like me in that he does not really like the guy, but he will call out the insanity of the left when they go after him for stupid stuff.  I love his videos, and much prefer to get my news from him rather then the TV these days.  Check out his latest video about more crazy stuff here.

On 'The Squad', Nancy Pelosi(leader of the dems) even suggested that they tone it down a bit, and they instantly labelled HER as a racist....  These people need a serious reality check, cos they are living in a dream world.  And the dems are now a fractured party, cos you have these kinds of extreme-left nut jobs, attacking others in their own party as well as anyone else who says something they don't like.  Sigh.....
Edited 2019-09-16 08:12 by Grogster

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 03:24am 16 Sep 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Oh yeah, the Racist tag.
I often wonder if a great many people actually know what the word means.
The way it's slung at just about anyone some don't agree with on any matter, it seems if some whinger likes Beef and you prefer Chicken or they prefer to Holiday in the snow and you prefer sun, you're a racist!

I think the way the term is being abused now, by modern standards a Racist is a person whom will stand up for their beliefs that go against the PC nutters and not tow the approved line of thinking.

To that end, I'm proud to be called a racist because the most insulting thing I can imagine is to get the approval of a lot of These PC Looney's these days. As long as they are trying to insult my way Of thinking, I know I'm still on the right track!  :0)

Tim Pool Sounds like me. I may not like some one or some thing BUT, I go to pains to be fair. I don't believe in just always sl*gging someone just because I don't like them.
If they do the right thing, get unfairly treated or suffer through no fault of their own, that's how you have to call it otherwise it's not them that is wrong, it's you.

I'm also paranoid of being a hypocrite so unfortunately, there is a lot people do wrong I can't say anything about because I know would have done the exact same thing.  :0(

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 08:42am 16 Sep 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Davo99 said  Oh yeah, the Racist tag.
I often wonder if a great many people actually know what the word means.
The way it's slung at just about anyone some don't agree with on any matter, it seems if some whinger likes Beef and you prefer Chicken or they prefer to Holiday in the snow and you prefer sun, you're a racist!

I think the way the term is being abused now, by modern standards a Racist is a person whom will stand up for their beliefs that go against the PC nutters and not tow the approved line of thinking.

To that end, I'm proud to be called a racist because the most insulting thing I can imagine is to get the approval of a lot of These PC Looney's these days. As long as they are trying to insult my way Of thinking, I know I'm still on the right track!  :0)

I TOTALLY agree.  Now, just how nuts is that: You define yourself as a racist, to object to how perverted those that accuse you of that have become.

Things are getting REALLY out of hand.  You even have people on TV over there, blaming Trump for the latest horrendously destructive hurricane.  Basically: 'The reason this hurricane happened, is cos Trump is President!'

I mean.....seriously......sod off.  That is just plain NUTS!  

I pretty much consider being called a racist, sexist or bigot a RIGHT OF PASSAGE these days, if you are actually able to think for yourself and assess things on their own merits rather then media lies.

These words were MEANT to shock and offend, but now they are SO OVERUSED to shutdown any opposing opinion on.....ANYTHING, that they really mean nothing to most people now.

The crazy-person who cried wolf syndrome.  Nobody cares anymore.
Edited 2019-09-16 18:44 by Grogster

Page 2 of 3    
Print this page
© JAQ Software 2024