Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 04:51 25 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Site News : Forum upgrade

Page 8 of 15    
Chopperp

Guru

Posted: 12:10am 16 Oct 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Gizmo said  Done some work on the mobile friendly version. It will tend to jump from desktop to mobile and back on some screens, especially if you are logged in. But for general reading of the forum on as mobile device I think its ok.

Naturally the different browsers are displaying the pages slightly differently.

Glernn

Ok on my 2 Samsung tablets on Chrome.
Also much better on my Oppo Phone.
All detected ok.

Brian
ChopperP

Ralph2k6

Posted: 02:28am 17 Oct 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Gizmo.
Mobile format is linking very nice    Only grizzle is that images don't scale perhaps so they're wider than the forum page and can make it difficult to read posts with pics.
Android running chrome browser

But in all the upgrade has been brilliant, daily reader here.  
Ralph

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 02:43am 17 Oct 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Yeah I decided to keep the images full size, as scaling them could loose detail and I didnt want to use place holders or thumbnails. You can scroll/swipe left and right to see the full image.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Boppa
Guru

Posted: 02:55pm 19 Oct 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Um, just went back to try and find the mileages Trev was getting in the ute, and there is a whole bunch of stuff missing from the EV forum, all Trevs EV threads prior to EV6 have disappeared, seems there is nothing there prior to 2010???

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 12:20am 20 Oct 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The data's in the database, but its not being displayed in the index. I'll look into it later today.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 11:57pm 26 Oct 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Fixed a bug where very old topics were not displayed.

the gmail issue and password retrieval. Can I confirm, members with gmail accounts, who can log in ( dont need to reset their password ) are receiving email notifications for posts where they asked for them?

Glenn
Edited 2019-10-27 10:21 by Gizmo
JAQ

Turbo46

Guru

Posted: 12:41am 27 Oct 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have a gmail account and didn't have to reset my password. I found that I could get email notifications if I click on the "Notify me when someone adds to this thread" button but not if I tick the "Email notify me of replies" box only.

I have de-selected the "Notify me when someone adds to this thread" button so I will see if I get an email if someone replies to this thread.

Bill
Keep safe. Live long and prosper.

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 04:05am 28 Oct 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

OK, I've set up a TBS test member with my own gmail account as the contact email address, and tested to see if the forum could send the password reset email to that gmail account.
All worked fine, the email arrived in my gmail inbox.

I know some people are having problems receiving the password reset if they have a gmail account, but I cant replicate this problem, so I cant fix it. gmail is accepting emails from the forum, so must be something else blocking the emails getting to them. Who knows.

Glenn
JAQ

KeepIS

Guru

Posted: 04:05am 28 Oct 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Gizmo said  Fixed a bug where very old topics were not displayed.

the gmail issue and password retrieval. Can I confirm, members with gmail accounts, who can log in ( dont need to reset their password ) are receiving email notifications for posts where they asked for them?

Glenn

Yes emails are coming in once again.

Mike.
It's all too hard.
Mike.

KeepIS

Guru

Posted: 04:06am 28 Oct 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

EDITED to remove a second reposting of the above post.

FYI - This second post came up after I tried to go to the forum after posting, I got an error and accidentally caused a resubmit.

Latest EDGE browser, never happened before, might just be a one off.

Mike
Edited 2019-10-28 14:10 by KeepIS
It's all too hard.
Mike.

Turbo46

Guru

Posted: 10:21pm 28 Oct 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I did not receive notifications of the above 3 posts because I de-selected the "Notify me when someone adds to this thread" button But I did have the "Email notify me of replies" box ticked.

When I select the "Notify me when someone adds to this thread" button I do receive an email when someone replies AND I also receive an email when I reply.

I have a gmail account and my browser is Google Chrome.

Bill

Poppy

Guru

Posted: 03:42pm 02 Nov 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Having sent a PM I get this Message:

Quote  Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\inetpub\wwwroot2\TheBackShed\forum\MyMessages.php on line 47

The PM appears to be sent out succesfully.
Andre ... such a GURU?

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 12:11am 06 Dec 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Added print buttons.

You can print the individual post, the whole page, or the whole thread. Printing the whole thread is only available to members.

If you have a PDF printer installed, you can use the "Print this thread" to make a offline copy of the entire thread.

Getting through the forum bugs as time allows, my business has got busy over the last few months so I need to concentrate on that first.

Glenn
JAQ

panky

Guru

Posted: 01:47am 13 Dec 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks for the PRINT capabilities Glenn - I used the old one extensively to keep a detailed track on projects offline.

Many thanks for your efforts with TheBackShed

Doug.
... almost all of the Maximites, the MicromMites, the MM Extremes, the ArmMites, the PicoMite and loving it!

RFburns

Posted: 05:28am 13 Dec 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Awesome upgrade however I don't have the print thread button? (I do have a pdf printer)

Strong like horse smart like tractor!

disco4now

Guru

Posted: 09:17am 13 Dec 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Look right at the bottom of the page, below the navigation buttons and where is says Page x of y.
You have option to Print this page or Print this thread.

I think you need to be logged in.

Gerry
Latest F4 Latest H7

plover

Guru

Posted: 12:20pm 13 Dec 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks for the print button, it is really handy for printing out the full thread. I use cutepdf and get the topic collected in one file.  Great

RFburns
Yes you must be logged in to be able to print the topic in full.

Turbo46

Guru

Posted: 06:00am 27 Jan 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The 'Remember me' check box doesn't work for me. If I close the page then open it up again I have to log in again. Shouldn't it remember me so I don't need to log in again? I'm using Chrome and usually a VPN.

Bill

OK. Sorry again, I just disconnected the VPN and it did remember me!
Edited 2020-01-27 16:04 by Turbo46

BrianP

Posted: 05:48am 30 Jan 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Turbo46 said  The 'Remember me' check box doesn't work for me. If I close the page then open it up again I have to log in again. Shouldn't it remember me so I don't need to log in again? I'm using Chrome and usually a VPN.

Bill

OK. Sorry again, I just disconnected the VPN and it did remember me!

That's what a VPN is for - privacy

Life is a trade-off between convenience & security, it's tough

B

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 06:32am 30 Jan 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Just a note about using VPN's. I've blocked several countries from accessing the server, including but not limited to Russia, China, some middle eastern countries, etc. This is based on the number of hackers I see from those countries trying to break into the server.
If you use a VPN based in those countries, you may have issues accessing the forum.

Glenn
JAQ

Page 8 of 15    
Print this page
© JAQ Software 2024