Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 21:48 28 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Solar : Opera .. A Camp Guy heating hot water direct from panel inputs of 60V

Page 2 of 2    
hotwater

Posted: 01:48pm 28 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

tytower, your PM seems to not be enabled. It doesn't look like it would take much to get you going. Contact me.

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 11:26pm 28 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I think he may have got the message and left the building.

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 11:25am 29 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I've disabled tytower's account, and if he keeps trying to hack into the forum, I'll report him to the police.

FYI, the forum tracks the IP address of members when they post a message, and it also records the IP address of anyone who uses the "New Member" page. So if the IP address of a member is the same as the IP address of someone trying to break the forum and drop tables, then I know who it is, dont I.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 12:03pm 29 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Gizmo said   and if he keeps trying to hack into the forum, I'll report him to the police.

Geez, he must be a nutter!

No idea why he got such a chip on his shoulder so fast over nothing. Only someone with a genuine problem could ark up and carry on like that.

I'm a fruitloop, got the Phsyc reports to prove it but I never cease to be amazed at the people out there that make me look like the most stable person in the world and leave me thinking WTF?

I hope he gets help and I'm not talking about with the controller he was building.

Warpspeed
Guru

Posted: 10:23pm 29 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Needs professional help for sure, maybe stress or anger management, I really do not know.

Anyhow, its something we can well do without around here.
Cheers,  Tony.

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 01:53am 01 Mar 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I applaud how you handled yourself Davo99, and I very much liked your posts trying to reason with the man, but some people simply can't be reasoned with.

I'm glad Gizmo decided to block him.  95% of his posts were just attacking the other members for not giving him the info he wanted in the way HE wanted it presented.

I have learnt SO MUCH from the members here, I would not be where I am today without the help of these forums, and I hate it when a newbie comes in and tries to tell everyone else how things should be done.  Luckily, this forum is extremely well policed via Gizmo, and that's what makes this forum so good.  Many other forums don't bother to actively monitor posts or anything, and stuff can get heated and nothing is done about it half the time.

One of the reasons I like to live here.

As to his attack on Warpspeed, I was disheartened by that, and I hope you did not take it personally, Warp, and could see that he obviously had/has issues of his own to sort out before he starts asking anyone else for help.  You are an inverter guru with a superb wealth of knowledge in that department, so it is really odd that he would attack the one member here who probably knows the most about inverters and building them.

Sigh....
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 06:08am 01 Mar 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Grogster said  I applaud how you handled yourself Davo99, and I very much liked your posts trying to reason with the man, but some people simply can't be reasoned with.

Thank you. A rare compliment for me!

I very much realise through my own faults that sometimes people have a bad day and sometimes they come across badly. I also can give as good as I get and won't back down from anyone online or in person.  It was pretty clear though this guy was just angry and nasty and was not going to change. I tried to hold out an olive branch and he took it and started beating others over the head with it. What an arse!

Quote  I'm glad Gizmo decided to block him.  95% of his posts were just attacking the other members for not giving him the info he wanted in the way HE wanted it presented.

Yeah, that was pretty poor form. As they say, beggars can't be choosers and the fact he was berating people for things he did not know himself was almost as Ironic as it was pathetic. I think he came looking for a fight really.

Quote  I have learnt SO MUCH from the members here, I would not be where I am today without the help of these forums, and I hate it when a newbie comes in and tries to tell everyone else how things should be done.

Couldn't agree more. I am big on stopping to give thanks as it were for  people that help me and things I learn and there is not a day I don't think and use something the people here were generous enough to impart to me. You can read things 1000 times and still not get it but then someone can say a few words and it all becomes crystal clear.  I read a LOT but I am very appreciative to have someone to ask about what I don't quite understand. I am self taught in about everything I know anything at all about and there is nothing as valuable to one as having someone else to ask and help you with.  Obviously some don't realise or appreciate that.

Quote   Luckily, this forum is extremely well policed via Gizmo, and that's what makes this forum so good.  Many other forums don't bother to actively monitor posts or anything, and stuff can get heated and nothing is done about it half the time.

Those places don't worry me because I am aggressive by nature but I do try very hard not to start anything and only return what I get. To be perfectly honest, it's the snowflake type forums that drive me insane.

The WORST I have ever come across as ironic as it is would be the metal casting and blacksmithing type forums.  You would think men playing with molten metal and beating red hot steel with hammers would be more.... manly... and certainly thicker skinned. A bigger bunch of pathetic whining pussys I have yet to come across and it's an interest wide proclivity, not just one place I'm talking about.  They are literally worse than the lefty green zealots.

Quote  As to his attack on Warpspeed, I was disheartened by that,

I was completely pissed off!! I had to re write my last post 3 times so I wouldn't say things that would have me kicked, much as I would have meant and stood by every word! Had he started in on that crap when we were face to face, he WOULD have found himself on the floor. No if's or buts. That would just not be something I could in good conscious to myself and my own weird values abide by.
I have a LOT of issues ( clearly!) But I am very big on 3 things:

Loyalty to those that have helped and done the right thing by me and NEVER forgetting that,
Try my best not to be a Hypocrite,
and, stand by my word.... which seems is a VERY rare thing these days.

There is no way I'm going to be bothered with anyone that puts sh*t on people I can see are good people and have put themselves out to help others.
I was half expecting the guy to make some sort of threat to punch me out if we ever came face to face. Maybe I should say I was looking forward to it. Would have given me a laugh.  I have had some stand up arguments in my time with people I should have had more brains than to take on, but NO ONE has ever said anything like that to my face so when they say it to me when they haven't even met me, it's pretty damn funny actually.

In all honesty, I do feel for the guy a bit. I have been to Black places and I have had epiphany's of realisation where things you could not see no matter how many times you were told, all came crashing down into perspective. It's not fun or something I want to go through again and I do what I can not to.

Pretty clear to everyone the guy has a problem but I would guarantee he thinks he is fine and everyone else is a moron.  Until that 10 ton of Bricks drops, you can't be helped and you sure as heck won't listen to anyone.
When you find yourself crawling out from under that realisation, you wish it was just 10 ton of bricks that fell on you because it would be easier to deal with and far less painful. I have also learned real pain is not physical. True pain is in your head not your body. I think if that guy isn't already in a lot of pain, he's sure going to be one day.

There is a LOT that could be wrong with him but till he Hits bottom and has his epiphany, He will continue thinking he's ok and everyone else is Not. He could in fact once and at heart, be a nice guy but he could have had a stroke or a trauma or something else. Or he could just be a mean spirited bastard. Either way, not acceptable behaviour and no excuses. One has to take responsibility for their own actions and behaviours no matter what.  
I hope he gets himself under control before he meets someone else with issues that teaches him a lesson that mucks him up real ugly.

Quote  You are an inverter guru with a superb wealth of knowledge in that department, so it is really odd that he would attack the one member here who probably knows the most about inverters and building them.

No Question Tony is just a bloody nice bloke that goes out of his way to help others.
It's documented right on these pages and I'm bloody grateful for all the time and guidance he has given me. Thanks Mate.

As for attacking him, That was sadly laughable. Guy thought I knew something which just goes to show what a fool he was to back the horse right at the tail end of the field like that! I'm chuffed with myself for learning how to use a couple of resistors to make a voltage divider!  Warp could build power systems for Mars space stations!
Then after lunch, he'd be looking for something else to fill the afternoon in with......  :0)

Warpspeed
Guru

Posted: 06:29am 01 Mar 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

It doesn't worry me.

Some people have bad days, and some people post when seven eights pissed, and might say something they later regret.

What really cheesed me off though, was not anything he particularly said to me, but how he treated others here, particularly Dave. Dave genuinely tried to help and be a gentleman, and had his fingers bitten off for the effort.

Anyhow Glenn of infinite patience, quickly had the measure of the guy, and saw him off. And good riddance.
Cheers,  Tony.

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 01:28am 02 Mar 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Warpspeed said  

Dave genuinely tried to help and be a gentleman, and had his fingers bitten off for the effort.

Well I'm very unsure about the gentleman bit but anyway. :0)

Seems that everyone was more concerned about him insulting others than they were about being insulted themselves which was water off a ducks back anyway.

I think that says something very good and favourable about the people here.

Page 2 of 2    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024